Hometalk.com

Downstairs ideas 03.20.14

Sharing our recent basement theater remodel.

This room used to have floor to ceiling mirrors lining two walls, so instead of removing the mirrors (dangerous) my husband studded over them and sheetrock was added. The ceiling trim is my favorite- DH installed rope lighting on a dimmer switch for ambient lighting on the ceiling during movie nights. Very cool feature and very easy to create with a little trim and some paint. You can see more photos here at my blog: http://unskinnyboppy.blogspot.com/2011/12/fi...
9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Donna McCrummen Bernardsville, NJ
    I would never had thought of drywalling over mirrors. Great time saver.
  • Love the colors and love the rope lights!!
  • Looks great, love color and the rope lighting is great idea! My hubby suggested it the other day, now I'm convinced,
  • It looks wonderful! Now you can use the room & not just look at yourself, alllll of yourself! What type of paint is that on the ceiling, or is it reflecting due to the lights?
  • Beverly T Dallas, GA
    This is so nice. I love the color and the reflection from the lighting. Great job.
  • Samantha C Tonawanda, NY
    what color is this paint on the walls and trim?
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    my guess is that was some type of exercise room...before...sometimes those fitness nuts can be pretty vain...and love looking at themselves...LOL
  • Hey, I follow your blog and didn't even realize it was you til I saw your link- duh! :)
  • Beth B Birmingham, AL
    @SheilaG- too funny! Good to see you over here! :)

@KMS- Yes, the original owners built it as a workout room. We are more couch potatoes so we turned it into a theater/ game

• Likes

Viviana Womack RemodelOrMove.com Solutions Electric, Inc. Jennifer T Lou Ann N Photokricket