Sharing our recent basement theater remodel.

Downstairs ideas 03.20.14
This room used to have floor to ceiling mirrors lining two walls, so instead of removing the mirrors (dangerous) my husband studded over them and sheetrock was added. The ceiling trim is my favorite- DH installed rope lighting on a dimmer switch for ambient lighting on the ceiling during movie nights. Very cool feature and very easy to create with a little trim and some paint. You can see more photos here at my blog: http://unskinnyboppy.blogspot.com/2011/12/fi...
  • Basement remodel ceiling with rope lighting on dimmers
  • Surround sound and closer view of trim
  • Finished theater room in basement
  • Basement room "before" pic with mirrors- these all got sheetrocked over instead of removing.
  • Beverly T
    Beverly T Dallas, GA
    This is so nice. I love the color and the reflection from the lighting. Great job.
  • Samantha C
    Samantha C Tonawanda, NY
    what color is this paint on the walls and trim?
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    my guess is that was some type of exercise room...before...sometimes those fitness nuts can be pretty vain...and love looking at themselves...LOL
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    Hey, I follow your blog and didn't even realize it was you til I saw your link- duh! :)
  • Beth at Unskinny Boppy
    Beth at Unskinny Boppy Birmingham, AL
    @SheilaG- too funny! Good to see you over here! :)

@KMS- Yes, the original owners built it as a workout room. We are more couch potatoes so we turned it into a theater/ game

Beth at Unskinny Boppy