Hometalk.com

mosaics 12.19.13

I have been creating mosaics on and off for a few years.

I recently relocated to Houston and left a lot of furniture behind so I needed to supplement on a budget. I visited my local thrift shop looking for a side table for my living room which has a dark teal as an accent color, drapes, pillows, accessories. I love geometric designs and came up with this design to match the decor. I paid $4.95 for the cute oak table. I hope you like it
36 Comments Displaying 15 of 36 comments | See Previous
  • Erin H Las Vegas, NV
    How do you cut the materials? Do you need special tools? We have screwdrivers, a hammer and a wrench that came with our bed frame lol! Other than that, we a tool free (except my hubby at times lol!) house :( I DO however have a hot glue gun and use that
  • Erin H Las Vegas, NV
    I'm very excited to see what you come up with Laura! I know you will do a great job :) I'm one of those learn by sight people and instructions become "destructions" for me lol!
  • Nina F Woodridge, IL
    Seriously!!! Please make a tutorial!!!
  • Laura G Evergreen Park, IL
    I'm working on one now Nina! :-)
  • Linda C Lincolnton, NC
    How beautiful and inspirational !!
  • Ana M Alpharetta, GA
    Gorgeous!
  • Christine Z Scranton, PA
    This is beautiful!
  • Suzie S Chandler, AZ
    Lovely. You did a great job. Did you tile directly on the wood table top?
  • Jacqueline H Roy, UT
    Wow .... beautiful !!
  • Karianne R Woodsville, NH
    This is amazing. where did the mosaic peices come from?
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Laura, I'm just now seeing this - 7 mos. after you posted it!! This is truly gorgeous and you did a beautiful job of creating it!!
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    This is gorgeous! It looks like it is lit from under, it is so pretty!
  • Laura G Evergreen Park, IL
    Thanks Bernice and Susan, you're so sweet!
  • Anette Boeve Comstock Park, MI
    Where do you get your mosaic pieces from? I have wanted to do a table top but seems that I need more pieces or tiles
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Laura G Actually what are the dimensions of this piece? How long did it take you?