Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Wine Cork Backsplash

Crafts 2 days ago
Wine lovers unite because you are going to need to drink lots of it to create this awesome DIY Wine Cork Backsplash! Great remodel that is simple to remove if you are selling your house or if you want to change it to something else! Simple formula for determining how many wine cork halves are needed is provided in the post.

To see more: http://www.createcraftlove.com/2013/04/diy-wine-cork-backsplash.html

41 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 41 comments | See Previous
  • HomeSpot HQ
    HomeSpot HQ Durham, NC
    Great way to justify drinking wine!
  • Karen Lambe
    Karen Lambe Buffalo, NY
    How do you clean it?
  • Linda
    Linda Fergus Falls, MN
    Cool! How do you clean it?
  • Eloise Costea
    Ummm.. Guys.. You don't have to be a serious drinker or save those corks for years.. You can get them at craft stores for not that much. I think this is a fun & very artistic job well done! Kudos to you!
  • Peggy McM
    Peggy McM Chelsea, AL
    If you ever got tired of it you could probably just paint over them for a different look. Or you could make a bulletin board our of corks too for your kitchen. Wouldn't require nearly a many.
  • Jo L
    Jo L Indianapolis, IN
    I would love to have this backsplash. Would need to seal it with something to make it washable.
  • Bobbye Wendt
    Bobbye Wendt Elk Point, SD
    Local Bars and restaurants may save corks for you if you ask .
  • Andrea L
    Have made trivets from corks as well, And I love my cork wreath, with raffia and dried roses and spahgnam moss.:)
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    So creative! It really adds an element of surprise! Love the eye grab!
  • Jill W
    Jill W Saint Louis, MO
    Jill, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I should have been hanging out at your house drinking wine with you all this time! Who knew?? Great job :)
  • Cliff A
    Cliff A Oak Ridge, TN
    Would work well in the "Man Cave" surrounding the dart board perhaps. No more holes in the wall and it certainly fits. Nice......
  • Melanie Olson Tobin
    I love this!!!! One of the best ideas I have seen in a long time.
  • Pat Barnes
    Pat Barnes Cook Station, MO
    I will be saving the corks from now on, the backsplash looks great. Maybe spray it with clear polyurethane or not?
  • Mary Wallace
    Mary Wallace Irving, TX
    I just now found Hometalk! I love, love, love it! I'm going to make several panels for my backsplash, using super magnets to attach to the wall. It's portable this way!
  • Kathy Ziegler
    Kathy Ziegler Lithia, FL
    I believe she said to spray with clear sealant (3-4 cans) as a sealant.
Jill Fritz

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing