My bottle 'sun' or 'star'

My bottle 'sun' or 'star', depending on what time of day it is...zone 4 garden, no breakage problems, buried in sand. Recycled wine, beer, and liquor bottles:)
Time: 2 Hours Difficulty: Easy
Bottle 'sun' in my gazebo in the center of my veggie garden. Zone 4, no breakage...has been buried for a couple of years. Old grind stone in the center.
First I chose the spot in the center of the new garden. I laid out the 'point', then dug the bottle in upside down...whole. I had an old grindstone that I used for the center. I used a post hole digger, shovel, and rubber mallet.
The bottles all buried...you can easily make adjustments in the sandy soil. I used a 2" by 4" and a level to get the bottles aligned to the same height.
I filled with sand to bring the ground level up to where I wanted it...just and inch or so from the top of the bottles.
I spread pea gravel on top to finish the sun off.
This summer I added a 'door mat'!
Here is the final view. The bottle sun is under the pergola (which has been taken over by hops!).

on This Post

• Lori Anderson Froehlich
  • Eliza
  • Jody H
  • Rosel Kynast

• Klarun99
    Very cool!! Re light ... it was my 1st thought too. Perhaps lights that absorb sunlight n glow at night ... if they malfunction, just let them be ... the months or years you have with them working are already a bonus.
  • Sharon
    Sharon Decatur, MS
    Or glow in the dark gems,rocks,etc-would be SO cool !
  • Grandma's House
    Grandma's House Smyrna, TN
    Great! Love this.
  • N
    n Clearwater, FL
    Oh my !!! Love the bottle design!!! Glad you shared the way it looks from a far!!! Sooo pretty!!!
  • Debbie
    Debbie Spring Hill, FL
    👍🏻
Ursula Owens