Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 03.13.14

My bottle 'sun' or 'star', depending on what time of day it is...zone 4 garden, no breakage problems, buried in sand.

Recycled wine, beer, and liquor bottles:)
Time: 2 Hours Difficulty: Easy
50 Comments Displaying 15 of 50 comments | See Previous
  • Betty B Cypress, TX
    Love it, have been collecting blue and green wine bottles. Are the bottles 'empty' in the ground? Wasn't sure if you needed to fill it with anything (like sand) to keep them from breaking if stepped on. LOVE IT!
  • This is something I should try in the backyard of our beach house where the sand would be easy to dig out. There's more beer and wine drunk there, so it won't take too long to collect bottles.
  • Linda Poulin Danbury, CT
    I lke this idea very much. I'll go to a bar or restaurant and ask for their empty bottles.

• Tammy M Winchester, VA
    How do you keep the pea gravel from moving everywhere and being a hideous mess?
  • Carolyn Bennet Ford South Lake Tahoe, CA
    I love your bottle sun, what a great idea to recycle bottles. You mentioned snow, I live in the mountains and we get lots of snow....do you think the top, or the round part of the bottle that is showing will crack in the winter? I know my clay pots have
  • Kate F New Britain, CT
    this is a very cool idea!
  • Ursula Owens Lewiston, MI
    Betty B - The bottles are empty...we have stepped on them, wheeled over them, etc...and none have ever been broken. Tammy M ...I
  • Ellen Whitehead Mancelona, MI
    Love this idea! I live in Northern Michigan on a lake and my lot is all sand! I have one spot left that I haven't landscaped--this will look GREAT!
  • Adore this idea and execution. So clever and in Michigan yet....

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichigan

• Pat Grand Rapids, MI
    This is really a unique idea, and so creative! For those of you that have a problem collecting the bottles, I know it's already been suggested to check with local business' but don't forget about friends, family and neighbors who may be willing to save
  • Fenya Kashergen Richland, WA
    So clever! Will have to try this soon. Thanks for the idea
  • ByLightOfMoon Warne, NC
    Oh!, How I love this! I'll bet it just shines in the sunshine!

Just fabulous! Smiles, cyndi

• Patty Rider Waltz Jacksonville, FL
    Getting ready to move to the south of France and will need to do something with all those bottles of wine!!!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • Dana M Austin, TX
    It would be neat to make low garden walls or edging to on their sides, like the old bottle houses. Thanks for the great idea! Loved it!
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    that looks so cool, i love it. I would add some kind of water feature close to it or running around it:) its really pretty