Hometalk.com

OUTSIDE ideas 8 hours ago

My bottle 'sun' or 'star', depending on what time of day it is...zone 4 garden, no breakage problems, buried in sand.

Recycled wine, beer, and liquor bottles:)
Time: 2 Hours Difficulty: Easy
52 Comments Displaying 15 of 52 comments | See Previous
  • Linda Poulin Danbury, CT
    I lke this idea very much. I'll go to a bar or restaurant and ask for their empty bottles.

• Tammy M Winchester, VA
    How do you keep the pea gravel from moving everywhere and being a hideous mess?
  • Carolyn Bennet Ford South Lake Tahoe, CA
    I love your bottle sun, what a great idea to recycle bottles. You mentioned snow, I live in the mountains and we get lots of snow....do you think the top, or the round part of the bottle that is showing will crack in the winter? I know my clay pots have
  • Kate F New Britain, CT
    this is a very cool idea!
  • Ursula Owens Lewiston, MI
    Betty B - The bottles are empty...we have stepped on them, wheeled over them, etc...and none have ever been broken. Tammy M ...I
  • Ellen Whitehead Mancelona, MI
    Love this idea! I live in Northern Michigan on a lake and my lot is all sand! I have one spot left that I haven't landscaped--this will look GREAT!
  • Adore this idea and execution. So clever and in Michigan yet....

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichigan

• Pat Grand Rapids, MI
    This is really a unique idea, and so creative! For those of you that have a problem collecting the bottles, I know it's already been suggested to check with local business' but don't forget about friends, family and neighbors who may be willing to save
  • Fenya Kashergen Richland, WA
    So clever! Will have to try this soon. Thanks for the idea
  • ByLightOfMoon Warne, NC
    Oh!, How I love this! I'll bet it just shines in the sunshine!

Just fabulous! Smiles, cyndi

• Patty Rider Waltz Jacksonville, FL
    Getting ready to move to the south of France and will need to do something with all those bottles of wine!!!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • Dana M Austin, TX
    It would be neat to make low garden walls or edging to on their sides, like the old bottle houses. Thanks for the great idea! Loved it!
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    that looks so cool, i love it. I would add some kind of water feature close to it or running around it:) its really pretty
  • Terri Austill Godfrey, IL
    I love your entire garden! Beautiful!