Celebrate the Winter Garden with these plants, a mix of both evergreen and deciduous that shine in the winter

gardens 03.03.13
landscape 1. Hellebores 2. Poet's Laurel 3. Deciduous hollies 4. Cedrus deodara 'Divinely Blue'
  • Helleborus x hybridus blooming in my garden in January. Cut off old leaves that are damaged and new growth will quickly fill in.
  • Poet's Laurel, ( Danae racemosa ) evergreen shrub, great for dry shade Apply a one inch layer of mulch to keep soil from drying out too quickly.
  • Deciduous holly ( Ilex verticillata 'Winter Red' ) holds its fruit for months. Plant one male pollinator nearby for best fruit display.
  • Cedrus deodara 'Divinely Blue.' This conifer is hardy to Zone 6 and provides color year around. Give plenty of space to grow.
  • Diane B
    Diane B Dublin, GA
    Gardners are such wonderful, generous and loveable people. Sharing advice, abundance and encouragement is part of the payback for getting friendly with Mother Nature and digging in the dirt. : )
  • Shirley R
    Shirley R Marietta, GA
    Thanks, I will have to get some in color to add to my white!! Also are you famillial with a red/white ie: candy cane color camellia the name I have seen one and it was beautiful... Thanks for you help... Hope that it is warmer there than it is here in
  • Marcia G
    Marcia G Norman, OK
    I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW PROLIFIC THEY ARE.
  • Marcia G
    Marcia G Norman, OK
    WHAT KIND OF GRASS GROWS AND BLENDS WITH BERMUDA BUT GROWS IN THE SHADE.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Marcia, you will get better answers if you re-post your question as a new question. However, I will tell you if you have a significant amount of shade, no grass will be happy there. Even the most shade-tolerant turf grass needs about six hours a day of sun.
Erica Glasener