DIY Shag Rag Rug {Tutorial}

35 minutes ago
I have spent the past 4 weeks making a Shag Rag Rug for Riley's nursery and am thrilled to say that it's finally complete!! It was one of the easiest projects I've ever done; however it was by far the most time consuming, but it was WELL worth it!!! It turned out better than I imagined and looks just like the ones that retail for $600+
Checkout my DIY Shag Rag Rug Tutorial!! I hope you enjoy!
Cost: $110 Difficulty: Easy
Cut Fabric into 5" by 1" strips
Weave Fabric under one of the holes and back up through another hole (I weaved the fabric in a vertical direction). I left one row of holes empty on all sides.
Pull the fabric so that it’s even on both sides and tie it into a knot (this will hold the fabric in place)
If you are using two colors then you should alternate colors as you go.
Continue adding Fabric Strips alternating colors as you go. It will look bare at first but the more rows you add the fuller it will get. Here is what it looks like after adding two rows of fabric
This is how your DIY Shag Rag Rug will look upclose
This is a completed version of my Shag Rug on wood floors
A picture of how it looks on carpet

To see more: http://www.myloveofstyle.com/2013/04/10/diy-shag-rag-rug-tutorial/

• Jessica
    Jessica Charlotte, NC
    I've had several fabulous DIYers share their shag rag rugs with me and I wanted to see if anyone else has made a shag rag rug that they'd like to share, as I'm going to do a follow up post to showcase some of the beautiful shag rag rugs!! If you're
  • Jessica
    Jessica United Kingdom
    What is the base u used(tied fabric too) and where would I purchase it? Z
  • Carolyn Faye Blizzard Lanier
    Its beautiful, I would like to know where you buy the part that you tie the fabric on to.
  • Pygualada
    pygualada Miami, FL
    what is the base that u ujsed for the rug and what kind of fabric please
  • Pygualada
    pygualada Miami, FL
    just got the answer on your amazing post!! thank you I hope mine comes out as beautiful as yours.
Jessica