DIY Shag Rag Rug {Tutorial}

Home Decor 4 days ago
I have spent the past 4 weeks making a Shag Rag Rug for Riley's nursery and am thrilled to say that it's finally complete!! It was one of the easiest projects I've ever done; however it was by far the most time consuming, but it was WELL worth it!!! It turned out better than I imagined and looks just like the ones that retail for $600+
Checkout my DIY Shag Rag Rug Tutorial!! I hope you enjoy!
Cost: $110 Difficulty: Easy
Cut Fabric into 5" by 1" strips
Weave Fabric under one of the holes and back up through another hole (I weaved the fabric in a vertical direction). I left one row of holes empty on all sides.
Pull the fabric so that it’s even on both sides and tie it into a knot (this will hold the fabric in place)
If you are using two colors then you should alternate colors as you go.
Continue adding Fabric Strips alternating colors as you go. It will look bare at first but the more rows you add the fuller it will get. Here is what it looks like after adding two rows of fabric
This is how your DIY Shag Rag Rug will look upclose
This is a completed version of my Shag Rug on wood floors
A picture of how it looks on carpet

To see more: http://www.myloveofstyle.com/2013/04/10/diy-shag-rag-rug-tutorial/

• Donna Johnson
    Donna Johnson Fredericksburg, VA
    This is gorgeous - what a labor of love! I want to make a smaller version for my little powder room off the family room and this tutorial is perfect - thank you for sharing!
    • Jessica
      Jessica Charlotte, NC
      Donna Johnson Thank you so much for your sweet comment!! I'm thrilled that my tutorial is helpful and Yay for your powder room shag rag rug :-) I have debated making one
  • Longtinb
    longtinb Grand Rapids, MN
    I am wondering why the cost was $110.00!!!!
  • Sha
    Sha Salem, OR
    Use all fabric from my clothes for my grand daughters room keep sakeo
  • Lynn Rickman
    Lynn Rickman Kaufman, TX
    Ohh, it's lovely!
  • Colleen
    Colleen Supply, NC
    I have been saving old tshirts to do this. Hope it works out.
Jessica