DIY Shag Rag Rug {Tutorial}

Furniture DIY 2 days ago
I have spent the past 4 weeks making a Shag Rag Rug for Riley's nursery and am thrilled to say that it's finally complete!! It was one of the easiest projects I've ever done; however it was by far the most time consuming, but it was WELL worth it!!! It turned out better than I imagined and looks just like the ones that retail for $600+
Checkout my DIY Shag Rag Rug Tutorial!! I hope you enjoy!
Cost: $110 Difficulty: Easy
Cut Fabric into 5" by 1" strips
Weave Fabric under one of the holes and back up through another hole (I weaved the fabric in a vertical direction). I left one row of holes empty on all sides.
Pull the fabric so that it’s even on both sides and tie it into a knot (this will hold the fabric in place)
If you are using two colors then you should alternate colors as you go.
Continue adding Fabric Strips alternating colors as you go. It will look bare at first but the more rows you add the fuller it will get. Here is what it looks like after adding two rows of fabric
This is how your DIY Shag Rag Rug will look upclose
This is a completed version of my Shag Rug on wood floors
A picture of how it looks on carpet

To see more: http://www.myloveofstyle.com/2013/04/10/diy-shag-rag-rug-tutorial/

on This Post

• Treasuredchaos.com
    did you read that? YOU CAN REPLACE PARTS OF YOUR RUG!!!! With my three kids, this is the greatest thing to ever happen!! We had a paint spill on carpet once...couldn't just replace that three foot section and it was a nightmare!! I love your blog
    • Jessica
      Jessica Charlotte, NC
      treasuredchaos.com Thank you soooo much!! That's so sweet of you!! Paint spills are a nightmare!!! I also dropped paint on a curtain panel and couldn't even get it out that. I'm so glad you like my blog!! Thanks again!! XoXo
  • Mary McNeill
    $110 is pretty expensive. Doesn't seem worth it with all that work.
    • Amy Merriam
      Amy Merriam Halifax, MA
      Then you should know the value of a handcrafted item, which is far more than just monetary.
  • Linn Andreassen Talge
    Impressive and amazing!!!
  • Lori
    Lori Canada
    It's so pretty and you did it for a special someone so it is indeed worth the work.
  • GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY Menahga, MN
    I saved your post about this awhile back off of your blog, I loved it! Since, with canvas, I've been working on our own rug (its going to be 8x6) serious kudos to you!! This is a very time consuming project! lol Love the idea though and I know it will be
Jessica