Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

We have remodeled all of the other rooms in our home except our Family Room.

Awesome Remodels 06.20.14
We want to change our fireplace and bookshelves but have no idea where to begin. We want to put our TV above the fireplace and update the book shelves. Help!?!
9 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Rule4 Building Group
    Rule4 Building Group Elkridge, MD
    Sounds like an exciting project! To get some ideas for fireplaces and other aspects of the room you might like to look at http://www.houzz.com/ You can
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Monica, here are a couple of projects from here on Hometalk that might inspire you:

http://www.hometalk.com/activity/91939

• Kali M
    Kali M Atlanta, GA
    I haven't tried the product myself, but there are lots of amazing before-and-after photos from people who have used Brick-Anew to lighten up their fireplaces. I think it would make a huge impact for you! http://www.brick-anew.com
  • Ricardo B
    Ricardo B Alpine, TX
    I'm thinking that less is more here. That wall is very busy, so I'd say that just opening up the shelving to have a tall and wide effect with less knickknacks would be a plus.
  • Monica M
    Monica M Marietta, GA
    Thanks for everyone thoughts. We will eventually tear everything down and start over. The bookshelves are 30 years old. We want to update the fireplace. I agree with Ricardo that we need to unclutter. We are trying to decide if we can get rid of the
  • Solutions Electric, Inc.
    it would be a pleasure to help you out on this project....please drop us a line and let us come see if we can provide some assistance
  • SawHorse.net
    SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    We just completed a similar transformation in Buckhead right before the New Year. Let me know if you would like for me to send you some of the pictures of the final product. The challenge was making sure that the TV was properly shielded from the heat
  • Ringelberg Construction LLC
    Hello, Monica! That is what I do. Designing fireplace and bookshelves, and entertainment units. Love to talk to you to make a thing of joy forever.
  • Stacey D
    Stacey D Canton, GA
    Hi Monica,

We have been slowly remodeling our home over the last year. We had a (fake) stacked stone surround with an out of proportion

Monica M
  • Like

Linda Arthur