DIY Wall Art--Popsicle Stick Hexagon Shelf

Wall Art 05.20.16
I absolutely love DIY projects that transform utilitarian everyday objects into unexpected works of art. Not only do these become fantastic conversation pieces in your home, they also allow you to create super budget-friendly art that doesn't feel too "crafty."
(Don't get me wrong, I love crafts. That's why I made a whole website about them. But I especially adore DIY that achieves a high-end look for a fraction of the price.)
Time: 1 Hour Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy
In a moment of frozen-dessert-craft-mashup inspiration, it occurred to me that I could make an awesome mid century modern hexagon shelf with one of the most basic craft supplies out there--popsicle sticks. Wouldn't this just look amazing in Don Draper's office?!
Check out blog post to download the free printable template.
The supplies for this project are simple--glue, popsicle sticks and wood stain. You can make the entire honeycomb shelf for a few bucks, especially if you already have wood stain laying around.
Check out the blog post for the full tutorial and to download the hexagon shelf template.

To see more: http://makeanddocrew.com/diy-wall-art-popsicle-stick-hexagon-shelf-part-i/

on This Post

• Barb Lesiak
    Barb Lesiak Elmwood Park, IL
    I glued my sticks to some poster board so there would be a base. I used dollar store sticks and two packs is great. I painted it all white and it's a nice catch all basket,
    • Ann
      Ann Ellijay, GA
      Barb Lesiak What a great idea, Barb! I love projects like this, and then you come along and make another great idea. Thanks, OP and Barb, for a great project.
  • Cindy Carley
    Cindy Carley Wamego, KS
    I'm going to try this one!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • Nancy pruitt
    nancy pruitt Hudson, NC
    I cannot wait to get to Hobby Lobby to get the popsicle sticks and make this. Love this idea...thanks for sharing.
  • Vickie
    Vickie Robert Lee, TX
    love it. Am doing my living room/kitchen in southwestern/native american style. This will be perfect thanks
  • Carmen Sopelana
    Adorable, económico y fácil. Gracias por compartirlo
Jess | MakeAndDoCrew.com