Texas Gardening and Drought Tolerant Plants

Gardening in Texas is sometimes difficult with the extreme heat of the summers. Here are some of our favorites that thrive in the Texas heat! ... and one that I just love with a little bit of TLC! #gardening, #plants, #outdoorliving
  • This is a beautiful Pink Rose Bush with very little thorns. I have no idea what the name of it is though! Any ideas?
  • Beautiful Yellow Lantana.
  • This Japanese Angel Trumpet needs a little TLC but the reward of beauty surely outweighs the work of a bit of extra water.
  • Blue Plumbago thrives and blooms with very little water!
  • Little Critters love the summer Milkweed Plants and have a great symbiotic relationship with them.
  • Our Banana Trees retain water in even the most extreme heat conditions.

To see more: http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2013/04/texas-gardening-and-drought-tolerant.html

Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Your grove of banana trees with those chairs makes it look like you're ready for a tribal council on "Survivor." (And P.S.: Plant a Vitex. I'll bet you add it to your list.)
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Montgomery, TX
    I'll have to give it a try, thanks.
Tami @ Curb Alert!