This sideboard was given a thorough sanding and the top was stripped using Citristrip brand safe stripper.

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
After the top was stripped it was sanded to a very smooth finish and stained in Provincial stain by Minwax. It was then poly'ed with a wipe on poly in satin finish. The base was painted in "rapture blue" by Sherwin Williams, and then distressed by hand with 160 grit sandpaper. The body was then wiped with some Provincial stain on a rag to give it the antiqued look. This is by far the most popular piece of furniture I have completed due to the color, finish, and style!
  • Turquoise Distressed French Sideboard
  • This image is as close as I have to a before shot, thought it is more of a "during". At this point in time the top had been stripped, but not yet sanded, and the base had been primed for paint. What a difference color can make on a drab piece!
  • The Bold Abode
    The Bold Abode Forest, VA
    You know I love this, girl!!!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Norcross, GA
    Tina, I might be interested in this cabinet. Message me.
  • Touch the Wood
    Touch the Wood United Kingdom
    Absolutely stunning colour and gorgeous piece!!
  • Yvonne
    Yvonne Philadelphia, PA
    Inspired! & Beautifully Done!
  • Christine
    Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
    Hi, Neighbor! Nice job.

I'm not normally a blue fan, but this really speaks to me!

Cassie B

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post