How to easily remove grease build-up from your cabinets

Kitchen DIY 3 days ago
This is just a simple little story about how I finally got all the grease off the cabinets above my stove.

I have had a dirty little secret!Everyone always tells me how clean my house is. It's not really. Not since I've had kids. You've seen those cute little signs, Excuse the mess, we are busy making memories or Excuse the mess, we live here? Well that's not really my style. In fact, my house is nothing like the clean it used to be before the kids. I've grown more accustomed to the mess, but so many little things tend to get over looked these days. Many people have exciting goals like running a marathon or skydiving (and I may have just become the biggest loser because I just googled Common goals people have, because I couldn't come up with 2 good ideas), you know what I've always wanted? To put my house on the market and have the ad say, "Mrs. Clean lives here". I'm not kidding, I actually told my realtor I wanted that on my add. She said, your house will sell itself. OK, she was right, but I really wanted that at the time. One thing I've been over-looking lately is my kitchen cabinets. I'm home cleaning today and thought, maybe today's the day to get that grease off the cabinets. Now keep in mind, these are just the cabinets over the stove, and grease is always building up on these cabinets. I wipe down my cabinets frequently, since

Difficulty: Easy
  • Before: you can actually see how greasy and dirty the cabinets had become
  • After: white and clean

To see more:

• Meshelmarie50
    meshelmarie50 Nashville, IN
    Krud Kutter works extremely well on everything. My husband gets motor oil on almost everything. Spray it on clothing a let it soak in for about five minutes, rub it in and wash in the machine. Takes most if not all out of the oil out. Works on greasy
  • Doris Jean Miller
    Doris Jean Miller Skiatook, OK
    I have used The Victorian House Finish Rejuvenator for over 25 years for cleaning the greasy buildup on cabinets, antiques, floors, doors and all the wood in my home and told everyone I know about the product. It was only available in antique stores
  • Rolley
    Rolley Prior Lake, MN
    I have open cabinets that do not reach to the ceiling, and with all the cooking I do, a dusty, grease layer builds up. There is no practical way to get it off without a solvent that won't harm surfaces. So I tried turpentine and it wiped away the build
    • Maria
      Maria Anacortes, WA
      Rolley I have open an area above the cabinets too, but hate to clean so I put a layer of plastic wrap were it can not be seen. Then when I do heavy cleaning I do the edges and change the plastic wrap.
  • Cynthia Greenfeather
    I buy Melaleuca products on line. Their tough and tender and solumel will clean like magic

It's expensive, but it's really concentrated. It looks like your cabinets turned out great! Mine are painted, and it's

• GG
    GG Sisseton, SD
    I use a simple mixture of ammonia and a bit of water. Yes, there is that strong smell, but it dissipates quickly. My cabinets are laminate, however, not wood. It will remove all the dirt and grease and is dirt cheap. I use a rag instead of a sponge.
Diane Kaul

Search Feedback