How to easily remove grease build-up from your cabinets

Kim's board 4 days ago
This is just a simple little story about how I finally got all the grease off the cabinets above my stove.

I have had a dirty little secret!Everyone always tells me how clean my house is. It's not really. Not since I've had kids. You've seen those cute little signs, Excuse the mess, we are busy making memories or Excuse the mess, we live here? Well that's not really my style. In fact, my house is nothing like the clean it used to be before the kids. I've grown more accustomed to the mess, but so many little things tend to get over looked these days. Many people have exciting goals like running a marathon or skydiving (and I may have just become the biggest loser because I just googled Common goals people have, because I couldn't come up with 2 good ideas), you know what I've always wanted? To put my house on the market and have the ad say, "Mrs. Clean lives here". I'm not kidding, I actually told my realtor I wanted that on my add. She said, your house will sell itself. OK, she was right, but I really wanted that at the time. One thing I've been over-looking lately is my kitchen cabinets. I'm home cleaning today and thought, maybe today's the day to get that grease off the cabinets. Now keep in mind, these are just the cabinets over the stove, and grease is always building up on these cabinets. I wipe down my cabinets frequently, since

Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://giraffe-legs.blogspot.com/2013/04/cleaning-grease-off-cabinets.html

on This Post

• GG
    GG Sisseton, SD
    I use a simple mixture of ammonia and a bit of water. Yes, there is that strong smell, but it dissipates quickly. My cabinets are laminate, however, not wood. It will remove all the dirt and grease and is dirt cheap. I use a rag instead of a sponge.
    • Trish
      Trish Memphis, NY
      GG With my asthma I can't use any ammonia... I am really going to give the soft scrub a try.. and I do so love the lemon also
  • GG
    GG Sisseton, SD
    Marion, I use the non-sudsy kind. The smell will be strong, so be sure you have ventilation or wear one of those inexpensive painting masks.
  • Sally-Charles Evans
    Sally-Charles Evans Mayfield, KY
    I have used Murphey's Oil Soap for years! It smells nice, is easy on your hands, AND cuts through that kitchen sludge in a minute! I swear by it!
  • Liz
    Liz Foothill Ranch, CA
    I'm glad to know about Soft Scrub. Also, if you want to stop the grease before the splatters hit your cabinets, you can buy inexpensive, round, flat, fine screen mesh 'things', with a handle from Walmart. (Sorry, don't know what they're called.) But,
  • Doris Jean Miller
    Doris Jean Miller Skiatook, OK
    The Victorian House Finish Rejuvenator works best for me. www.thevictorianhouseproducts.com
Diane Kaul