Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
02.03.12

how do you soften baking soda which has hardened

I purchased a huge bag of baking soda for cleaning. It has become a rock. How do I soften it so I can use up the bag?
3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • Dan's of Central Florida, Inc.
    Hmm, I've never run into this myself, but it comes to mind that smacking it a bunch with a hammer might work. If that doesn't, I'd just go and get more (perhaps in a smaller quantity).
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    If you are using it for cleaning, you generally will make it into a paste, so it doesn't really have to be a powder again. I would try to chip away at your baking soda rock. In the future, avoid getting any moisture into your baking soda. That is
  • Sharon G
    I want to use it with vinegar to clean the drains and a paste isn't possible. Think I will just throw it out and get a smaller bag. Thanks
Sharon G

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!