Good Example of a failing shower due to incorrect installation and having to "do it over" from a previously incorrect

02.28.15
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Pat....10 K is not cheap....And I feel sorry for you that its not working. Unfortunately these types of repairs can not be fixed with the wave of a magic wand...most will require getting to the root of the problem. a.k..a down to the subfloor / stud
  • Hewitt Remodeling Services LLC
    Hewitt Remodeling Service... Virginia Beach, VA
    @Pat C; Generally speaking, by the 30-something reply, we are generally way off the original topic.....as is the case here.

I recommend you start a new thread by asking a new question from the home page. Try and provide as much information as you

• TheGroutStore.com
    TheGroutStore.com Roseville, CA
    Very Nice Job! It's amazing how such a beautiful tile job can hide the ugliest things. I see it all the time and sure do appreciate seeing people such as yourself "making it right". One combination I like to use for new shower installations is: Schluter
  • Terry
    Terry Cortland, OH
    I had a contractor put new tile on old sheetrock...not even blue board...leaked like a sieve between the shower and tub ...rotted the joists...I sincerely hope that contract rots in hell. I certainly did my best online to warn people.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Wichita, KS
    Why don't you folks go after these contractors to force them to do the right thing? That is what I would do. Get an attorney to have the contractor pay to have it fixed.
The Trusted Toolbox - Home Repairs and Projects