How To Make Garden Treasure Jars

Glass jars 15 hours ago
I started making these treasure jars when my kids were little and they wanted to make some garden art of their own. Because the jars remain functional, you can hide little notes and toys inside. Use them like little time capsules or part of a treasure hunt. And, of course, the covered jars look like pretty jewels in the garden.
1. Cover any used jar (keep the lid) with flat-bottom marbles (also sold as 'florist stones' or 'glass gems'). I use GE Silicone II sealant (clear, waterproof) as an adhesive.
2. Mount the lid on a post or dowel.
3. Attach the jar.
Notes and tiny treasures can be added at any time.
This is a simple, easy craft for kids and adults.
Any used food jars will work. Keep the lids!
You want to cover the jar with flat-bottom marbles using silicone sealant as an adhesive. Work from the bottom up so each row supports the next one.
Attach the jar lid to a post or dowel using a wood screw.
But first hide a wish and tiny toys inside for a surprise later.
Check the jars every now and then. You never know when you might find a treasure!

To see more: http://www.empressofdirt.net/gardentreasurejars/

on This Post

• Karen
    karen Gastonia, NC
    a solar light works beautifully, put base of solar light in ground and simply place jar upside down on it without the lid. solar lights can be bought at the dollar store..
  • Connie
    Connie Newberg, OR
    The battery tea lights would be so perfect and how pretty they would be evenings into night. Solar as well. but the tea lights would be easy to change batteries every week. Shut them off during the day and on at night. The jar will keep them dry. love it.
  • Taylor Clarise
    Taylor Clarise Los Angeles, CA
    Amazing stuff, I really enjoyed it, I turned out beautiful :)
  • Kitesurferjen
    Kitesurferjen Park City, UT
    easy, fun, and a beautiful gem the garden
  • Rosemaryschill
    Rosemaryschill Aliquippa, PA
    These are so beautiful. I would like to try them this summer.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa