• Marge
    Marge Zeeland, MI
    LONG POST: Here are some tips to help keep their populations down! I have a lot of big beds that have automated irrigation and they love to live where it is cool and damp so I have a tone of them!!!! They will hide under boards and cool damp foliage
  • Micky Rettig
    Micky Rettig Loma Linda, CA
    This isn't about snails but I saw one comment about coffee grounds and it reminded me about coffee.. If you don't drink all your coffee then after its cool pour the left over coffee on your plant. Your plants will be super green and full.
    • Lois Franklin
      Lois Franklin Bremond, TX
      Brenda Adams Great for some house plants too. A man I used to work with would dump his cold (black) coffee into the Pothos or Philodendron in his office and I've never before or since seen one so huge and full!
  • Susan
    Susan Medinah, IL
    Tried it once. Did not get a chance to work as the dog kept drinking the beer! Dog is gone now (due to old age) and will give it a chance.
    • Grandmasue10
      Susan This comment made me laugh out loud. I have to fwd this to my son, who loves to garden just like his ole' Mom.
  • Dotty Parker
    Dotty Parker Dahlonega, GA
    Roughly crushed eggshells work also. As stated already empty the beer containers every day. Free ranging chickens will help keep the buggers down. I don't have experience with coffee grounds for slugs, however in the compost bin or just around your
  • Dee
    Dee New Castle, PA
    Crushed egg shells will also work, as will coarse sand or food-grade diatomateous earth. Just sprinkle around the base of the plant. Also effective, but rather expensive is copper in a ring around the base.
The 2 Seasons