Tin Accent Wall- for the Backyard

island no3 09.24.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Our new 'industrial chic' backyard is coming along. Our first project was to add a bit of tin for some visual interest. It was pretty easy! #OutdoorProjects #DIYProjects

To see more: http://www.craftytexasgirls.com/2013/04/build-it-tin-accent-wall.html

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Love the privacy! Can this be painted a color to deflect heat? If so, it would be perfect!
  • Cyndi Moore Tippett
    Cyndi Moore Tippett Knightdale, NC
    This would be a great idea for those of us who have many trees in the back yard and could use a little "reflecting of light". This idea just might show up in my yard....
  • Crafty Texas Girls
    Crafty Texas Girls Grapevine, TX
    Thanks for all the comments! The tin will age naturally and take on a copper/rust color. Due to the placement of the tin, the finish of the metal, the hardy shrubbery in our yard, and when/where we get sun-- we have not had 'glare' problems or extremem
  • Debby Boyle
    Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    Doesn't it get hot from the reflection of the sun?
  • Rhonda Devall
    Rhonda Devall Jennings, LA
    I love the fence. I have done this on my front porch to get a little privacy from the rent house next door and also from the rain hitting my front door. I took an old window and hung it on the tin to cut some of the bright glare. Over the years it
Crafty Texas Girls

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post