I Finally Got Tired of Having My Tools Scattered All Over My Garage

Basement Yesterday
I finally got tired of having all my tools scattered all over my garage and decided to build 4 cabinets to hold it all (well, almost all). They are on casters so I can roll them around when needed, but you must roll them out to open them up.
Cabinets closed
Cabinets open. Hard to tell on these photos but cabinet opens to reveal 3 storage areas. Each outside door is pegboard on top and shelves at the bottom. Center unit is walled up half way with places to hang on each side and above center divider is shelving.
Close-up of one side and the center unit. all three are hinged with piano hinge on back and caster on the base for moving around.
This is a close-up of rabbeted edge. Notice how the plywood side sets inside the slot cut from the 3/4" plywood. Both side and plywood edges are flush. If you choose not to do this the plywood side will attach over edges of plywood
This is a side and back view of 3-section cabinet. Piano hinges attach the sections. I use sides for hanging T-square and cutting guides, and hinged shelf holds sandpaper when folded up and latched.

on This Post

• Janelle
    Janelle Austin, TX
    Richard H., love your innovative shelving, also love that your from Wylie, Tx, that is where my fiancé was born and his parent live on McKinney, Tx, which is not too far. I am not a wood worker but this I would love to make.
  • Richard H
    Richard H Wylie, TX
    Thanks Janelle. Not to brag, but Collin County men are pretty awesome. You're lucky to get one from the County Seat. That's like getting the best of the best. Just joking of course. Best of luck to you both.
  • Connie.Ravezzani
    WOW! I love them and they could be used for a number of different thing. Unfortunately they won't work for my garage because there's a raised concrete step around the perimeter of my 3 car garage. The only thing I'd add to this design is handles to make
  • Richard H
    Richard H Wylie, TX
    Good idea Connie. Why didn't I think of that......Duh!
  • Sharon Hazan Chemtob
    Sharon Hazan Chemtob Boca Raton, FL
    This is my miracle I need.. How do I purchase this
Richard H