How to Easily Remove Hard Water Deposits

do it yourself 01.09.16
I don't know how it happened or when it happened but one day when I looked down at my kitchen sink faucet there was grime and hard water deposits that had accumulated from the past 10 years! One day there was nothing and the next day bam it was there! It was disgusting and I wanted it gone ASAP so I broke out the big guns and with ease was able to remove 10 years of hard water deposits in 15 mintues! Check out the before and after pictures and find out what tools you need to remove hardwater deposits like this. http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/re...

To see more: http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/reviving-old-kitchen-sink-faucet.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Christine
    Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
    If you don't wan to actually put in hard labor LOL just dip paper towels in vinegar and wrap them around the area you're cleaning. Keep them saturated and you can wipe away the lime and calcium. Careful with that brillo. It can scratch those old plastic
  • Patsy
    Patsy Destrehan, LA
    If you use vinegar and baking soda, then wrap a piece of paper towel around the area that is saturated with the vinegar, let it sit, you won't have to scrub. Using that scrub pad will scratch the surface of your faucet and your sink and in time you'll
  • Ricardo Martinez Ramos
    Ricardo Martinez Ramos United Kingdom
    1/4 harpic or any other limescale toilet cleaner (yes, the blue stuff you pour down your toilet bowl) and 3/4 of distilled vinegar. apply with a soft brush. you can sprinkle salt around to brush it with if you want to make it more aggressive but never
  • Kala Professional Restoration services
    Such a great article you have shared with us. I liked the makeover of this project. The ideas shared by you are really very innovative. I also have some notions about this topic. Hard water stains have a tendency to look particularly bad and build in
  • DONNA JO
    DONNA JO Carthage, MO
    I use pickle juice! It's mainly vinegar & spices, plas no need to buy vinegar. Just strain the spices out of the vinegar, wet paper towels & place around where the hard water stains are, wait while cleaning the rest of the kitchen and rinse off, scrub
Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos