How to Easily Remove Hard Water Deposits

05.07.15
I don't know how it happened or when it happened but one day when I looked down at my kitchen sink faucet there was grime and hard water deposits that had accumulated from the past 10 years! One day there was nothing and the next day bam it was there! It was disgusting and I wanted it gone ASAP so I broke out the big guns and with ease was able to remove 10 years of hard water deposits in 15 mintues! Check out the before and after pictures and find out what tools you need to remove hardwater deposits like this. http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/r...

To see more: http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/reviving-old-kitchen-sink-faucet.html

• Debbie E
    Debbie E New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I agree Jean and Grace!!Too many nasty people in this world...
  • Courtnea
    Courtnea North Salem, NY
    I use white vinegar for all my cleaning chores. It is safe, inexpensive and easy to use.
  • Terri Schanken
    Terri Schanken Tampa, FL
    I did the same thing. I had 20 years of brown stains on my bathroom corian and vinegar removed it with no scrubbing. I soaked paper towels in vinegar and plastered them around the sink fixture, rinsed it and voila it was gone. I got the tip on this website.
  • Kim Enwright
    Kim Enwright Jesup, GA
    How do I keep water spots off of my stainless steel sink. Also has rust spots. Would this work on it?
  • Lisa
    Lisa Delray Beach, FL
    How about water spots on the glass shower doors? It looks like water spots but it creates a hazy like coat. Can't find anything to get that off.
    • Rachel Blackett
      Rachel Blackett New Zealand
      This is a bit late BUT It sounds like Glass Cancer, which nothing will get it off (I have it on our glass :( ) It is caused by using harsh chemicals on it. Aparently To make it a little less noticeable you need to clean with vinegar then rub some
  • Elaine A
    Elaine A White House, TN
    1 part Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (the original blue kind)2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide

along with maybe half cup of water,,,mix up in a spray bottle and you can sanitize and clean at the same time...great for

• Barb Hynes
      Barb Hynes Brighton, MI
      Sherri Wilson I'm not quite sure what your shower door issue is...I've had pretty good luck with Ceramic stove top cleaner and a Magic Eraser. If thisa works for you I would
  • Francie
    Francie Valley Park, MO
    I must be lazy! I soak a paper towel with CLR and apply to surfaces (faucets, under rim of toilet,the hunge on the toilet seat) and let sit for 5 or so min. and also just wipe glass shower door with a paper towel that hat has been soaked and if the
    • MahtaMouse
      MahtaMouse Redmond, WA
      Francie - I don't think I could ever recommend using this product on faucets. Against my wishes (I'm on septic), my husband used CLR on my kitchen faucet and it ate right through the chrome! My faucet finish was/is completely ruined.
    • Barb Hynes
      Barb Hynes Brighton, MI
      Francie I did that too (CLR) It ruined the finish on the faucet and the sink area around it.
  • Francie
    Francie Valley Park, MO
    you will need to clean shower door with regular cleaner and rinse. (hinge not hunge)
    • MahtaMouse
      MahtaMouse Redmond, WA
      Francie - I don't think I would recommend using this product on faucets. Against my wishes (I'm on septic), my husband used CLR on my kitchen faucet and it ate right through the chrome! My faucet finish was/is completely ruined.
  • TRD Designs Ltd.
    TRD Designs Ltd. Katonah, NY
    I just finished the shower walls and hardware using the same percentage along with a little Dawn soap with a scrubby brush....Works great
  • Elaine A
    Elaine A White House, TN
    i haven't tried it...but cant hurt to see what it does
  • Jeri T
    I use a product called GooGone. pour it on, wait a few minutes and wipe it off.
  • Betty Burleson
    Betty Burleson Hampton, VA
    Vinegar will soften your clothes in the rinse cycle.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    use 3/4 vinegar and 1/4 mr clean in a spray bottle. I've been doing this for years and don't ever have a buildup that I ever have to worry about.
  • Christine
    Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
    If you don't wan to actually put in hard labor LOL just dip paper towels in vinegar and wrap them around the area you're cleaning. Keep them saturated and you can wipe away the lime and calcium. Careful with that brillo. It can scratch those old plastic
  • Patsy
    Patsy Destrehan, LA
    If you use vinegar and baking soda, then wrap a piece of paper towel around the area that is saturated with the vinegar, let it sit, you won't have to scrub. Using that scrub pad will scratch the surface of your faucet and your sink and in time you'll
Jennifer Schmitz