How to Easily Remove Hard Water Deposits | Hometalk
167K Views

How to Easily Remove Hard Water Deposits

167K Views
I don't know how it happened or when it happened but one day when I looked down at my kitchen sink faucet there was grime and hard water deposits that had accumulated from the past 10 years! One day there was nothing and the next day bam it was there! It was disgusting and I wanted it gone ASAP so I broke out the big guns and with ease was able to remove 10 years of hard water deposits in 15 mintues! Check out the before and after pictures and find out what tools you need to remove hardwater deposits like this. http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/reviving-old-kitchen-sink-faucet.html
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Years of hard water deposits and grime accumulated ove time
Years of hard water deposits and grime accumulated over time.
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, 15 minutes later Major difference
15 minutes later! Major difference!
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Start by saturating the entire area with a 60 40 percent mixture of white vinegar and water Spray the area liberally with a spray bottle and let the mixture sit for a few minutes This will help loosen everything up
Start by saturating the entire area with a 60-40 percent mixture of white vinegar and water. Spray the area liberally with a spray bottle and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. This will help loosen everything up.
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Then take an old handy dandy toothbrush and start scrubbing the water deposits The gunk and hard water deposits will start to break off in little chunks Then rinse with steaming hot water
Then take an old handy dandy toothbrush and start scrubbing the water deposits. The gunk and hard water deposits will start to break off in little chunks. Then rinse with steaming hot water.
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Now that you have cleaned off the top layer grab a scouring pad to get the stubborn spots Just moisten the pad with a little hot water and begin scrubbing the crevices where the remaining water deposits are
Now that you have cleaned off the top layer, grab a scouring pad to get the stubborn spots. Just moisten the pad with a little hot water and begin scrubbing the crevices where the remaining water deposits are.
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, You can see the blue soap from the scouring pad where I had to scrub a little harder than the toothbrush would allow
You can see the blue "soap" from the scouring pad where I had to scrub a little harder than the toothbrush would allow.
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Now give it one final rinse with hot water and use your dry eraser to clean off smudges This step kind of polishes it off but is not necessary if you don t have any minor surface level scuffs
Now give it one final rinse with hot water and use your dry eraser to clean off smudges. This step kind of "polishes" it off but is not necessary if you don't have any minor surface level scuffs.
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, One final rinse and a wipe down with a paper towel and you are done my friend And no harmful chemicals were used which is a bonus
One final rinse and a wipe down with a paper towel and you are done my friend! And no harmful chemicals were used which is a bonus!
  • how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Voila Now your sink faucet shines like a brand new one With a little elbow grease and a couple cleaning tools and supplies you have saved yourself lots of money and can prolong the life of your existing sink and faucet
Voila! Now your sink faucet shines like a brand new one!!! With a little elbow grease and a couple cleaning tools and supplies you have saved yourself lots of money and can prolong the life of your existing sink and faucet!

To see more: http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/reviving-old-kitchen-sink-faucet.html

Have Questions About This Post?

• Mary Williams
    Mary Williams Herndon, VA

Nice! Another great cleaning tip for everyday or to prep for guests, or cleaning up when selling a home. The little things make such a difference.

• Diane Wilken Murray
    Diane Wilken Murray Port Jefferson Station, NY

Great idea!

• Gary
    Gary Santa Rosa, CA

Simple Green.... No mixing.

• Anne Doherty (Annie)

As Candy suggested I have used this green cleaning combination for years also, and it's brilliant cheap no chemicals, no vapour or smells and it's green my Grandma used it and it's brilliant.

• Sirkku
    Sirkku Finland

Great idea, thanks for sharing

­