Hometalk.com

08.02.12

Desert Southwest landscaping on a small hillside circular driveway using retaining walls and Xeriscaping principles and

methods.
23 Comments Displaying 15 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • David S Fayetteville, GA
    IT'S NICE TO SEE YARD DESIGN IN OTHER PARTS OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY . WHEN I FIRST VIEWED THE PHOTOS I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF .......GARY ALLEN ........WHO HAD A GREAT GARDENING PROGRAM ON SATURDAY MORNING ON HGTV [ PRAY TELL ME WHY DO THEY USE THE G IN
  • Southern Trillium LLC Stone Mountain, GA
    Landscape Design Site, I should have clarified my earlier post a little more. I do agree that your installation is xeriscaping. I wrote my post in regards to Yamini's post discussing it being nice to see a xeriscape photo posted. I wanted to expound
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Great to see some desert style here on Hometalk. The curving walls are very well done and really add to the visual interest of the landscape.
  • So very nice.

It looks and maintains so great with no grass.

• Southern Trillium - You are clearly very knowledgeable on the subject. That is a very great idea and beautiful design as well. Water rationing has become mandatory in parts of our state where cisterns and water harvesting are catching on in a big way for
    The Landscape Design Site - we have a lot to learn in our area regarding water issues and know that you can probably share much more than we know. We used to take water for granted. Then we had a record drought the other year and the entire Atlanta
  • Southern Trillium - The cost of water has also become a question and consideration for us for all new designs as well. While it hasn't reached our area of the state yet, I've heard rumor that in the Northern part of the state, all lawn sprinkler designs
  • David S Fayetteville, GA
    RECENTLY I WAS VISITING A FRIEND LIVING IN SUN CITY .......LOCATED NEAR GRIFFIN IN SPALDING COUNTY , GA . DUE TO A LOT OF FACTORS THE WATER BILLS THERE ARE OUT OF SIGHT .
  • Sue A De Forest, WI
    Nice job!! I would miss my green grass, though;)
  • Andrena C Kissimmee, FL
    I too would miss my grass, but as our water company has recently increased the garden watering costs by 45% then the grass has to go, jut can't afford it anymore.
    I did some quick research, and found out that, for most situations, Atlanta does have the highest monthly water bills in the country. In the few situations where it isn't first, it is second. http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements...
    And I just found this online calculator so you can see what a water bill will cost in the City of Atlanta. I had to round up our usage to 6 ccf, (which is just over our 4,400 gallons of water. It says our bill would be $107.02. Our monthly water bill
  • Andrena C Kissimmee, FL
    I would love to know if anyone has any idea about which plants would thrive with minimum water in Orlando Florida, but still give some colour.
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Andrena, if you go the the Florida Friendly Landscaping website sponsored by the University of Florida Extension Service, you will find a whole database of native and Florida-friendly plants that are thrifty with water and well-adapted to our climate.
  • leah West Orange, NJ
    beautiful!!!
  • Likes

Sherril Criqui Darcy Strange Leah Steve G Evergreen Turf