What is the cost to convert an attached carport to a garage on a brick ranch house?

02.27.12
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    HandyANDY has done a number of these over the years usually with new framing, insulation and hardiplank siding as the most cost effective route. Are you trying to make this an enclosed garage or additional living space? Posting a pic helps too!
  • Yvonne S
    Yvonne S Stone Mountain, GA
    Hi HandyAndy,

I don't have the house yet; my current house has a 2 car garage. I want to sell my existing home and buy in the Marietta

Depending on where you are hunting, once you're house is sold...which will likely take quite a bit in Stone mtn.....to insulate, frame and hardiplank the exterior on a typical carport you're probably at about $2,500...plus another $1,500 to $2,500 for
  • Yvonne S
    Yvonne S Stone Mountain, GA
    Thanks everyone for all the advice!!
    Sure Yvonne - if we can help, ask again. Try to look into the 203 loan with either Fidelity Bank or WellsFargo....avoid Bank of America for this type of loan as it's just too difficult to work with them. The local people are fine but all of the
Yvonne S

Search Feedback