DIY Fix for Spring #myfavoritethings

DIY 4 days ago
Got solar lights that aren't working? Luckily, I know how to fix them right up! And, I am going to share my tip with you! Cuz, well, we're friends and all and that's what friends do, right?
Take your light and check it out closely as some are different.
By the bulb you should see some small screws
Remove the screws and SLOWLY pull the pieces apart. You will then see a normal, everyday, single AA battery. Yep, that is what gets charged by the sun during the day so that it glows at night!
Change the battery out with a new one and...Let there be light! Head over here to see how to fix other solar lights

To see more: http://www.kathewithane.com/2013/04/solar-lightsdiy-quick-fix.html

• Marcella Faust
    Marcella Faust Tavares, FL
    Fantastic thank you I was about to throw one away now I can just fix it.
  • Lori Jackson
    Lori Jackson Broken Bow, NE
    Here is another tip that someone gave me. Solars will also sometimes punk out or get dim because of mineral deposits on the solar panels. Clean the panels and paint them with clear nail polish. Water beads up, lights get brighter. I can vouch for this one.
  • Susann Schlander Vinson
    Rechargeable batteries are expensive, so I only replace in my costlier fixtures. I use alot of dollar store ones & toss them when they stop working. The plastic starts to break down by then anyway.
    • Maria Bennett
      Susann Schlander Vinson Not very environmentally safe.. Rechargeable batteries save you money in the long run. Their life span is so worth the expense. Hope you put your cheap batteries with hazardous waste and not in garbage.
  • Supernewf
    Supernewf Canada
    Also check for broken wires. I found that a lot of my problems were from broken wires.
  • Sue
    Sue Coolidge, AZ
    If they are rechargeable lights and you put them in the sun then they will recharge. You can go to Ebay and order rechargeable batteries cheap.
Kathe With An E (Kathe)