DIY Fix for Spring #myfavoritethings

Got solar lights that aren't working? Luckily, I know how to fix them right up! And, I am going to share my tip with you! Cuz, well, we're friends and all and that's what friends do, right?
Take your light and check it out closely as some are different.
By the bulb you should see some small screws
Remove the screws and SLOWLY pull the pieces apart. You will then see a normal, everyday, single AA battery. Yep, that is what gets charged by the sun during the day so that it glows at night!
Change the battery out with a new one and...Let there be light! Head over here to see how to fix other solar lights

To see more: http://www.kathewithane.com/2013/04/solar-lightsdiy-quick-fix.html

• Gmedanich
    My solar light have AAA batteries for solar lights and I have not been able to find replacement bulbs anywhere- any suggestions?
    • Cyndee
      Cyndee Lowell, MI
      Gmedanich look at the dollar store, most of theres take a AAA battery, you can rob them for $1. they throw the ugly light away. or you can get them on ebay.
  • Gayle
    Gayle Blairsville, GA
    My solar lights "eye" seems to "look like it has gone bad" and I thought this is why they didn't work anymore. Thanks for this information!
  • Buddhababies
    They are "rechargeable batteries" so charge them and they are good to go again. I just put them in my battery charger and they are working again... But they have to be Ni cad rechargeables to work.. Works like a charm!
  • Marcella Faust
    Marcella Faust Tavares, FL
    Fantastic thank you I was about to throw one away now I can just fix it.
  • Lori Jackson
    Lori Jackson Broken Bow, NE
    Here is another tip that someone gave me. Solars will also sometimes punk out or get dim because of mineral deposits on the solar panels. Clean the panels and paint them with clear nail polish. Water beads up, lights get brighter. I can vouch for this one.
Kathe With An E (Kathe)