DIY Fix for Spring #myfavoritethings

Got solar lights that aren't working? Luckily, I know how to fix them right up! And, I am going to share my tip with you! Cuz, well, we're friends and all and that's what friends do, right?
Take your light and check it out closely as some are different.
By the bulb you should see some small screws
Remove the screws and SLOWLY pull the pieces apart. You will then see a normal, everyday, single AA battery. Yep, that is what gets charged by the sun during the day so that it glows at night!
Change the battery out with a new one and...Let there be light! Head over here to see how to fix other solar lights

To see more:

• Daka1234
    I use regular batteries and they work fine .only come on at night.. you can get a pack of 6 or 8 at the dollar store.
  • Frank
    Frank New Port Richey, FL
    HMMMM! Now why didn't I read this a while back when I threw away a bunch of non-working lights!?! Oh well,better luck next year! Thanks for the tip!
  • Nanigod
    nanigod Waianae, HI
    I had 2 boxes never opened of 5 packs of solar lights I bought at costco and forgot I had them for about 5-7 years/I bought and replaced tjhe batteries.I bought the good kind.Then put them out but not 1 of the ten work. I was wonfdering if the bulbs are
  • Pauline
    Pauline Pocatello, ID
    I've had solar lights in my gardens for years and each spring I put new batteries in them but tonight I learned I should be using rechargable batteries. They last longer and are more temperature friendly. I leave my lights in the gardens all year long
  • MaeGatineau
    MaeGatineau Canada
    check the place where the batteries are there is an off and one button and also a tape to take off on some i leave my out all year long i did find solar batteries at the dollar store this year
Kathe With An E (Kathe)

Search Feedback