23 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • Ana M
    Ana M Alpharetta, GA
    Nikki, that is not the basement and yes it is hardwood. I had to stain the treads to match it as the wood floors were already in and I was trying to unify the look. I put tile in the foyer upstairs and then 'unified the tile look with the wood downstairs
  • Nikki
    Nikki Atlanta, GA
    Ahhh, I see now. I want my own basement finished so badly that I guess I think everything is a basement! LOL! Your stairs are lovely.
  • Faidra at  CA Global Inc
    That was an excellent idea, would have never thought of that, your colors integrate well, you have wonderful taste
  • Ana M
    Ana M Alpharetta, GA
    Sheila G, I sued tile at the turn because in truth it was 'easier' for me to work with than the wood and also for cleaning purposes and scratching, I did not know how much the wood would scratch and was afraid it would wear down more in that turn corner
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    You did a great job. :)
  • Silvia S
    we need to do the same with our Stairs,we use to have carpet

Thanks for the Great Idea

• Jan O
    Jan O Clancy, MT
    I am going to do the same thing. I need to get rid of the carpet in my main room anyway. Maybe just tile the treads and paint the riser?
  • Pam R
    Pam R Petaluma, CA
    Although the tile work is very good, I would have done all wood. It just gives the space a warmer look.
  • Pensacola Accents
    Pensacola Accents Crum Lynne, PA
    Great job and very innovative!
  • Arthur W
    Arthur W Canton, GA
    Did you remove origional treads or install oak over the top?
  • Ana M
    Ana M Alpharetta, GA
    Arthur, I had carpet originally, so I removed the carpet and what was underneath was particle board stairs, I attached the new oak treads to the particle board with construction glue and nails and then only had to attach plywood to the riser to then
  • Derrick Gray
    Derrick Gray Jonesboro, GA
    Good Job. I like it
  • Sandy B
    Sandy B Glenmont, OH
    Did you use regular vinyl, or peel & stick tiles? Looks nice!
  • Ana M
    Ana M Alpharetta, GA
    Sandy B, they are real tiles, we had to lay them grout them on to the riser. They are NOT peel and stick.
  • Nance Rivera
    Nance Rivera Gig Harbor, WA
    Ana - I've been planning to do this to my stairs for a long time. However, I was told by Home Depot and Lowe's reps that I would need to use cement backer board anytime I'm installing tiles. That was a letdown because it is hard for me to work with, cut
Ana M

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing