Renovating a pool deck without removing old cracked concrete deck | Hometalk
47K Views

Renovating a pool deck without removing old cracked concrete deck

randy pool 1 on Jun 20, 2016
47K Views
Yes! Pavers can be installed on top of an existing concrete deck, even if the deck is cracked. Pavers are installed over sand, therefore the new deck will absorb small shifts without cracking the pavers. The renovation coping piece has a drop-down face that will cover the old coping, so you don't have to remove the old coping, just cut it back. The reno coping is then install over mud right on the top of the old pool border. The rest of the deck will be set on send. Just lay the pavers leveled with the reno coping. Check out some before and after pictures.

Before You Try This Project...

Report this ad
  • Ann Lacey
    Ann Lacey Valdosta, GA

can pavers be installed over a cool deck?

• Dean Hughes
    Dean Hughes Melbourne, FL

What is done with the existing decko drains? Do you cover them with the paver and if so, how does that affect the drainage?

• Lisa Ganobcik Deka
    Lisa Ganobcik Deka Medina, OH

Where do I purchase the reno coping blocks? We have a fiberglass pool and the original concrete creates the coping. We would like to cover the old concrete coping and then we are using Nature Stone over the existing concrete around the pool.

• Artistic Paver Mfg.

Call our toll free number 877-707-2831 and ask for Sal De Franco. He will be able to give you a detail explanation on how to do it. You can also send him an email - and attache these pictures - to sal@artisticpavers.com

• McCall Hazelson
    McCall Hazelson Phoenix, AZ

Since decks are usually so big, it is a huge talking point with any backyard landscaping. I was looking on http://lifestylepatios.com/gallery/decks/ to see some ideas for what I would like to do in our backyard when it's time for my husband and I to

­