Renovating a pool deck without removing old cracked concrete deck

23 hours ago
Yes! Pavers can be installed on top of an existing concrete deck, even if the deck is cracked. Pavers are installed over sand, therefore the new deck will absorb small shifts without cracking the pavers.
  • Jennifer L
    Jennifer L Knoxville, TN
    Can you do this with a vinyl lined in ground pool?
  • Artistic Paver Mfg.
    Hi Jennifer. The answer is YES, you can. If you need more info, give us a call. We'll be glad to help! 877-707-2831
  • Jan P
    Jan P Windsor, CT
    How about pools in New England?? Mine needs work - but the prices coming in are way over my budget. I could do this myself!! I am in CT
    • H.C. Lawn
      H.C. Lawn Thomaston, CT
      Washington block has nice display in plantsville
  • Artistic Paver Mfg.
    Hi Jan P. Why don't you call our office for some advice? You can also visit our website and check out the installation guide. I believe you might be concern about the freezing conditions in CT. Our products passed the freeze-and-thaw test (no measureable
  • Loge23
    Loge23 Port Saint Lucie, FL
    So, it appears by the above posts that Artistic Pavers can be installed over an existing concrete slab. Is that correct? Can you recommend anyone reputable to do this on the Treasure Coast of FL? (I know, tough question).
    • Artistic Paver Mfg.
      Loge23 Hi. Yes, the pavers can be installed directly over an existing concrete slab even if the concrete slab is cracked. We do not have installers but you can call our sales
  • Tara
    Tara Fort Myers, FL
    Can you recommend someone in the ft myers fl area--does this work when you have a raised hot tub
    • Gary S.
      Gary S. Odessa, FL
      Tara Just as word of caution...Before you invest several thousand dollars into beauty of pavers, see if you can find someone that has been an owner of pavers over sand over concrete
  • Mike LaRoi
    Mike LaRoi Mount Airy, MD
    We are in Mid-Maryland, any dealers or installers in my area?
  • Melissa
    Melissa Fayetteville, NC
    do you have anyone close to Fayetteville NC?
  • Arthur Wohl
    Arthur Wohl Fort Smith, AR
    We have a small concrete deck off our french doors to the back yard. It is about 50 years old and the far end is slightly sunk into the ground. We would love to re-do it with pavers but are concerned that the existing concrete is not level. What can
  • Maureen O'Donovan
    Maureen O'Donovan Johnstown, OH
    How would you lay the pavers over/around the tie-down's for the pool cover?
  • Barb Catalano
    Barb Catalano Travelers Rest, SC
    We live in S.C. and had a pool installed over the winter. The concrete is spotted and has small veins throughout. The color is grey not white as it appeared in picture we saw when purchasing the pool. It is not cracked but the concrete is really ugly.
  • Artistic Paver Mfg.
    Install pavers over it like shown in e pictures above, you don't need to remove the concrete. Also, pavers are small and have more flexibility to expand and shrink not causing the material to crack, like in big concrete slabs. Water absortion is another
  • Artistic Paver Mfg.
    Maureen O'Donovan If you are installing the pavers over an existing deck and the tie-down's are already in place, you need to get extensions (ususally 18"). Then you drill
    • Royalgym1
      An adjuster told me that if the actual cracks in my pool deck are not stopped I can loose my pool, so how does putting pavers on top of the deck stop the concrete deck from further damage?
  • Ann Lacey
    Ann Lacey Valdosta, GA
    can pavers be installed over a cool deck?
  • Dean Hughes
    Dean Hughes Melbourne, FL
    What is done with the existing decko drains? Do you cover them with the paver and if so, how does that affect the drainage?
Artistic Paver Mfg.