Hometalk.com

Renovating a pool deck without removing old cracked concrete deck

Yes! Pavers can be installed on top of an existing concrete deck, even if the deck is cracked. Pavers are installed over sand, therefore the new deck will absorb small shifts without cracking the pavers. The renovation coping piece has a drop-down face that will cover the old coping, so you don't have to remove the old coping, just cut it back. The reno coping is then install over mud right on the top of the old pool border. The rest of the deck will be set on send. Just lay the pavers leveled with the reno coping. Check out some before and after pictures.
22 Comments Displaying 15 of 22 comments | See Previous
  • Hi Jeff, I can give you our representative in your area. Todd Senne, 770-355-0036. He might be able to at least point you out on the right direction...
  • Margaret C Mesa, AZ
    Do you have a showroom in Casa Grande? We live in Mesa and are looking to redo our pool and put down pavers in other areas.
  • We do. Please call Michelle or Charline 520-426-3479 and they will be more than happy to help you out. The address is 1508 N. V.I.P. Blvd., Casa Grande.
  • Margaret, we also have representatives closer to you, in Tempe, and they can take samples to you if you prefer. You can call Mick Semmerad at 6023738087 or Misty Hancock 602-320-0798. They both work for Artistic Paver and will be glad to help you.
  • Jennifer L Knoxville, TN
    Can you do this with a vinyl lined in ground pool?
  • Hi Jennifer. The answer is YES, you can. If you need more info, give us a call. We'll be glad to help! 877-707-2831
  • Jan P Windsor, CT
    How about pools in New England?? Mine needs work - but the prices coming in are way over my budget. I could do this myself!! I am in CT
    • H.C. Lawn Thomaston, CT
      Washington block has nice display in plantsville
  • Hi Jan P. Why don't you call our office for some advice? You can also visit our website and check out the installation guide. I believe you might be concern about the freezing conditions in CT. Our products passed the freeze-and-thaw test (no measureable
  • Loge23 Port Saint Lucie, FL
    So, it appears by the above posts that Artistic Pavers can be installed over an existing concrete slab. Is that correct? Can you recommend anyone reputable to do this on the Treasure Coast of FL? (I know, tough question).
    • Loge23 Hi. Yes, the pavers can be installed directly over an existing concrete slab even if the concrete slab is cracked. We do not have installers but you can call our sales representative for
  • Tara Fort Myers, FL
    Can you recommend someone in the ft myers fl area--does this work when you have a raised hot tub
    • Gary S. Odessa, FL
      Tara Just as word of caution...Before you invest several thousand dollars into beauty of pavers, see if you can find someone that has been an owner of pavers over sand over concrete deck to talk
  • Mike LaRoi Mount Airy, MD
    We are in Mid-Maryland, any dealers or installers in my area?
  • Melissa Fayetteville, NC
    do you have anyone close to Fayetteville NC?
  • Likes

Jennifer L Patricia Billingsley Janice A Katie R Faidra at  CA Global Inc Karen Schlese Munson Donna Wilson Sherry Clapp C.E. Pontz Sons