Concrete counter tops in the kitchen, good or bad?

03.18.15
We are pretty handy and thinking of installing concrete counter tops in our kitchen. Any thoughts or tips. I like the idea of granite/quartz but definitely doesn't fit my budget and I don't want to go tile and like the feel of a stone material.
  • HandyANDY Home Renovations All Repairs, LLC
    I would agree with SawHorse. It's great you have help from your father but, if neither of you have tried installing concrete counter tops before. I would practice on a piece of furniture. This way you have a much better idea for the process and any
  • Denise G
    Denise G Rembert, SC
    Can't remenber the name of the product but the counter top was made from recycled glass. Strong & pretty. Saw it on some home improvement show
  • Its Really Concrete, Inc.
    you can ' seed ' many things into conc then polish the tops IF you're considering cast-in-place,,, pre/cast are often cast upside down then carried into the house & set into place,,, there isn't an easy learning curve however the 1st lesson is DON'T USE
  • Robert
    Robert Cartersville, GA
    there is a little more to it if you want them to look like what you see online and the really nice concrete countertops. Check out this company, www.Burcollc.com
  • Ed Barth
    Ed Barth Glen Ullin, ND
    It can be done but you need to have some concrete experience and a little forming knowledge. I poured our entire new house about 90 square feet of countertops with embedded glass and stained and sealed. The hardest thing about this is flipping the slabs
Lisa D