Does anyone like IKEA kitchens?

We helped our homeowner remodel his kitchen with IKEA cabinets in order to give them a mid century modern feel to their mid century ranch home. They loved it. What do you think?
  • We stripped the plaster off the exterior wall to give the kitchen this industrial feel.
  • After relocating the gas stove we were able to install this microwave exhaust fan above the stove.
  • Before
  • Before
  • Before
  • Hamtil Construction LLC
    Hamtil Construction LLC Saint Louis, MO
    Great post, and I love all the feedback. While I have never done one, I have quite an interest in it. I think that Ikea has it's place in the kitchen world... and in fact, a connection I have uses Ikea exclusively in her kitchen renovations. Great
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    I am one of the Andy as you know, but when it is not in the budget Costco in Alpharetta has a program that provides a certified & qualified designer & crew.
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    Nicely done Katie...if you can pull off the last kitchen, it's a great look. I'm not a huge Ikea can get better quality cabinets for around the same money right now. You just have to shop it or work with a kitchen designer who has the
  • Homework Remodels
    Homework Remodels Phoenix, AZ
    I agree with Lee Anne. thanks for sharing your collection of creative IKEA kitchens.
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    Great post Katie. These are awesome kitchens.
  • Katie G
    Katie G Newnan, GA
    We are in the process of installing an Ikea kitchen. My goal is for it to not look like an Ikea kitchen....while maintaining an Ikea budget. After pricing out other cabinets, we found that Ikea got us the same/better quality for a much lower price when
  • Homework Remodels
    Homework Remodels Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for your input on your long-term experience with your IKEA kitchen.

It's great to have input from Arizona!

• Patricia M
    Patricia M Cave Creek, AZ
    I just love my Ikea kitchen. Installed 6 years ago. It's a high gloss white panel door. I coupled it with CeasarStone Martini Apple green counter top and a raspberry parfait colored back splash,,,I'm in heaven, in my kitchen!
  • Dorothy S
    Dorothy S Streamwood, IL
    I love my IKEA kitchen
    We used them in some rentals and I wasn't impressed with the quality or durability at all. To me, they are cheaply made cabinets. You can buy some fairly decent wood faced, plywood boxed cabinets if you hunt for them. Some of the other import stuff is
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    I have a concern about the weight the shelving can hold. I am not familiar with Ikea except what a friend has and her cabinetry is bowing under the weight of small appliances and cookware. The old ugly kitchen had been sturdier.
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    I have seen some lovely kitchens made from Ikea products, Great JOB!!
  • Diana N
    Diana N Covington, GA
    Having been a kitchen designer in one of the big box stores for over 10 years, I can say that I really like the Ikea cabinets. I was able to glean a lot of ideas from their in store displays and am actually remodeling my kitchen using their cabinets.
  • Becky (J) P
    Becky (J) P Highland, IL
    I don't like dissing other peoples decorating, but when i see IKEA advertisements in the magazines I immensely dislike them. Too bland.
  • Linda E
    Linda E Washingtonville, NY
    We redid our kitchen with Ikea and loved it--great price--beautiful cabinets--and really sturdy--I would go there again!
Homework Remodels
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post