Hand painted 5 1/2 foot ceiling wreath in my living room.

Kitchen Ideas 01.27.13

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I tied a string to a pencil, then to the previous ceiling fan fixture and drew a 5 1/2 foot circle on the ceiling. I then painted leaves and vines using acrylic paints. Several years later we installed the medallion and vintage chandelier for it's current look.
  • Hand painted 5 1/2 foot ceiling wreath
  • Beverly L
    Beverly L Norfolk, VA
    Wow !!! Terry...are we related...that's the kind of stuff I would take on on the day before a holiday with company coming...You did a great job!!!!
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    It took me an hour and a half. Yes it is bad on the neck, so I don't do ceilings often.
  • Peggy B
    Peggy B North Easton, MA
    I would like to try that--did the painting of leaves take you a long time? You must have had a very stiff neck...
  • Shirley
    Shirley Atlanta, GA
    I love this my father inlaw does painting like this now I am going to see if he will do one of these of me great idea.
  • S
    S Avon, IN
    very nice!
  • Donna McCrummen
    Donna McCrummen Bernardsville, NJ
Terry M

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post