Hometalk.com

Kitchen Ideas 01.27.13

Hand painted 5 1/2 foot ceiling wreath in my living room.

I tied a string to a pencil, then to the previous ceiling fan fixture and drew a 5 1/2 foot circle on the ceiling. I then painted leaves and vines using acrylic paints. Several years later we installed the medallion and vintage chandelier for it's current look.
11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • That's pretty cool. How long did it take you to do that?
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    This is SO cool! Thank you for sharing, Terry! I can't even imagine the work that went into this.
  • That looks like a LOT of work, Terry- nice job!
  • Terry M Quincy, IL
    Believe it or I did this the day before Thanksgiving. These ceilings are 10 foot so I was up on a high ladder. It only took about and hour and half and the only worries was if it did not work out, how was I to paint the ceiling back white without paint
  • Ok I see you are an artist so this answers the man cave above. You really do good work!
  • Donna McCrummen Bernardsville, NJ
    Awesome.
  • S Avon, IN
    very nice!
  • Shirley Atlanta, GA
    I love this my father inlaw does painting like this now I am going to see if he will do one of these of me great idea.
  • Peggy B North Easton, MA
    I would like to try that--did the painting of leaves take you a long time? You must have had a very stiff neck...
  • Terry M Quincy, IL
    It took me an hour and a half. Yes it is bad on the neck, so I don't do ceilings often.
  • Beverly L Norfolk, VA
    Wow !!! Terry...are we related...that's the kind of stuff I would take on on the day before a holiday with company coming...You did a great job!!!!
  • Likes

Dundee Greedith B Pat S Lulu D Anne Marie H Marg C