My basement media room/man cave

We removed the out-of-date built-in media center and installed an electric fireplace with 50 inch plasma above. No windows in this basement so it is great for watching movies with surround sound and darkness. Offers a beautiful wall of built-in bookcases for displays.

#ManCave

• Current Basement media room/man cave
  • Current Basement media room/man cave
  • Current Basement media room/man cave
  • Basement before, when we moved in with built in entertainment center and horrid color walls.
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Lulu, I painted the coffee table. We picked it up at a garage sale for only $5. Hubby made it sturdy then I painted it with brown and black together on the same brush to make it a streaked look...almost like dark stain, then I taped off the squares and
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    AK, The center accent wall in the bookcases is wallpaper, picked up for $1 on clearance. The rest is up in the study.
  • Pam R
    Pam R Petaluma, CA
    Nice room! And I see your DIY checkerboard table! Looks like a great room for fun!
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    Terry, you are amazing and I am very impressed! I love sharing these talents on HomeTalk.
  • Dayle
    Dayle Matthews, NC
    I love what you did with the shelving displays.....really enhances the whole room! And gives me some great ideas......thanks for sharing!!!
Terry M