My basement media room/man cave

Awesome Remodels 2 hours ago
We removed the out-of-date built-in media center and installed an electric fireplace with 50 inch plasma above. No windows in this basement so it is great for watching movies with surround sound and darkness. Offers a beautiful wall of built-in bookcases for displays.

#ManCave

• Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Terry, this looks more like a media room/woman cave. Man may have helped but woman made the look. It is great.
  • Robin B
    Robin B Pittsburgh, PA
    Very Beautiful
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Thanks so much! We really enjoy this room, especially the hubby.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Do you find the TV a bit on the high side?...viewing from a chair would put a crook in my neck.

BTW are those some old adding machines? displayed

• Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    It is very warm and inviting. KMS our TV is over the fireplace & we love it, it is not too high.
  • HandyANDY Home Renovations All Repairs, LLC
    Great job Terry....super nice space and perfect use for a basement area without windows..we have lots of those in Atlanta
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    KMS, these basement ceilings are only 8 feet and that TV is a big 50" so no it is not too high, plus it's leaning forward a bit. I have a couple of friends that have very high TV's though and it is a problem. We are also collectors and hubby being a CPA
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Terry...both my brother and I have a handful of old antique cameras...much like your hubbies adding machines...they are pretty cool
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    That is a beautiful, cozy room now. Love what you've done & it doesn't look like a basement.
  • Lulu Dubin
    Lulu Dubin Cedarhurst, NY
    Did you paint on the checker board to the coffee table yourself or did you buy it like that? It's very interesting, I think I'm going to have to grab that idea for myself.
  • AK Complete Home Renovations
    Too nice to be called a Cave! The built-ins are great and the center accent wall, is that paint or wallpaper? It's a great choice! Not to much but really makes that space look very chic!
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Lulu, I painted the coffee table. We picked it up at a garage sale for only $5. Hubby made it sturdy then I painted it with brown and black together on the same brush to make it a streaked look...almost like dark stain, then I taped off the squares and
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    AK, The center accent wall in the bookcases is wallpaper, picked up for $1 on clearance. The rest is up in the study.
  • Pam R
    Pam R Petaluma, CA
    Nice room! And I see your DIY checkerboard table! Looks like a great room for fun!
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    Terry, you are amazing and I am very impressed! I love sharing these talents on HomeTalk.
Terry M