Pallet Fence: Re-purposing pallets

cottage 6 hours ago
This is a fence I made for my garden using pallets and old pickets from a fence that had been torn down. When I ran out of the old pickets, I used pallet boards and cut them to match the pickets so I could complete the project. My fenced area is 30' X 40' and I still had pallets left over for other projects.
  • Pallet fence panel before trimming the rotten wood and painting.
  • Pallet fence panel after trimming and painting.
  • The fence is being installed.
  • The garden gate was made from pallets too. The arbor was made from my childrens' old sandbox. We cut the large boards down to build the arbor.
  • The fence is almost finished.
  • Here is a picture taken from my bench at the back of the garden looking towards the arbor. The fence is complete. Now on to making the garden look pretty. This will take awhile.
  • Cheri Schumacher
    Cheri Schumacher Sioux Falls, SD
    Absolutely love it! Now that I see yours, this is the kind of fence that we would really like to put up. Any suggestions on where to get pallets with little or no charge?
    • CraftingStuff
      CraftingStuff Sumter, SC
      Cheri Schumacher I found all the pallets at a local business that had them piled up outside. They allowed me to take all I wanted (free) since they were going to burn them.
  • Sonya massie snyder
    sonya massie snyder Olive Hill, KY
    we made a chair and a table last week out of pallets we love them now on to the next project a fence ,,,,,,
  • Cheri Schumacher
    Cheri Schumacher Sioux Falls, SD
    Thank you! I will have to check some of the stores around here. I know that some of the stores send them back, to be used again. Wish me luck!
    • CraftingStuff
      CraftingStuff Sumter, SC
      Cheri Schumacher Good luck! I got mine from a small heating & air conditioning business if that helps. Maybe the smaller companies would be willing to give them to you.
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    It is a fantastic idea to make a fence from recycled wood or old fence board. I really love your tips. The tips and instruction that you have shared for this project are really mind-blowing and inspiring.I am also specialized in this trade and our
  • Jennifer Thompson
    Oh wow! Ok, so, you totally get the kudos of the day for a new and unique take on pallet transformation! I love the upcycle of materials and I love that it doesn't scream "I'm a pallet!!". Great job!
CraftingStuff