Pallet Fence: Re-purposing pallets

7 hours ago
This is a fence I made for my garden using pallets and old pickets from a fence that had been torn down. When I ran out of the old pickets, I used pallet boards and cut them to match the pickets so I could complete the project. My fenced area is 30' X 40' and I still had pallets left over for other projects.
  • Pallet fence panel before trimming the rotten wood and painting.
  • Pallet fence panel after trimming and painting.
  • The fence is being installed.
  • The garden gate was made from pallets too. The arbor was made from my childrens' old sandbox. We cut the large boards down to build the arbor.
  • The fence is almost finished.
  • Here is a picture taken from my bench at the back of the garden looking towards the arbor. The fence is complete. Now on to making the garden look pretty. This will take awhile.
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    Great recycling and looks good. I can appreciate the amount of work that went into not only the construction, but the painting. What a wonderful idea. I have some picket fences, now all I need are the pallets. I'llhave to try to find some somewhere.
  • Taylorlady
    Taylorlady Urbanna, VA
    great idea THANKS
  • Gin johnson
    gin johnson Corinth, MS
    Love the added picket look, made mine plain yrs ago with red barn paint. Staggered them so I wouldn't need as many post, be sure to keep dirt from washing up on the bottom layer of the pallet to prevent rot. Looks good and great job !
  • Cheri Schumacher
    Cheri Schumacher Sioux Falls, SD
    Absolutely love it! Now that I see yours, this is the kind of fence that we would really like to put up. Any suggestions on where to get pallets with little or no charge?
  • Sonya massie snyder
    sonya massie snyder Olive Hill, KY
    we made a chair and a table last week out of pallets we love them now on to the next project a fence ,,,,,,
CraftingStuff