Hand painted floor cloth . . . on a budget.

Floors 06.24.15
At The Next Cool Event, one of the exhibits was a design inspired by "I Dream of Jeannie". The idea was to create a floor that appeared to be custom tile. . . on a budget. Instead, we used the back side of a piece of linoleum vinyl flooring that we got as a remnant. My first custom floor cloth project was done this way almost 15 years ago. With quality products, they last for years.
  • The painted vinyl was set in place and easily cut to the exact size in the shape that we needed.
  • The back side of the vinyl was primed and base coated. The image of the design was projected on to the surface and traced with chalk.
  • It was laid out on the floor where the design was painted starting from the inside and working outward.
  • . . . and painted . . . and painted!
  • Top coats were applied. It was allowed to dry before rolling for transport.
  • Trina M
    Trina M Winter Haven, FL
    All it needs now is a big hookah in the middle. Looks amazing.
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    I have some that have lasted for 5-10 years. But, here in Atlanta, we don't have snow and salt. Any cracking will be dependent upon the quality of the vinyl that you use. The best surface is pre-primed canvas . . . those will easily last for 10-15
  • Veronica S
    Veronica S Squires, MO
    Any idea how long this flooring would last? Does the paint crack when rolled? I want something in my foyer that I don't have to worry about the dirt, dogs and hubby making a mess of. Reason I beautiful rugs are still rolled up. BUT this could easily be
  • Denise K
    Denise K River Falls, WI
    Very nice, so creative! Good job.
  • Madeline C
    Looks like a simple version of the Buddist mandala!
  • Kevin M. Veler, Law Office of
    LOL Kass, that would be one of the genies of my dreams

[Blossom has taken over the keyboard]

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Ha! That was for me too, Kass.
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    Here's one just for you, Kevin. LOL
  • Kevin M. Veler, Law Office of
    Kass, and yet still no photos?
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    She did make an appearance at the event. . . jewels and all!!!! LOL
  • Kevin M. Veler, Law Office of
    Looks great. I would have ended up painting mysefl into the center. Where are the Jeannie photos?
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Great idea, the possibilities are endless.

CP

• AK Complete Home Renovations
    Cool indeed
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    Thanks for the info. It looks great with the couches and is completely remenicent of "I dream of jeannie"!
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Now I'm dreaming of "Jeannie"! That is too cool!
WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson