Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Armstrong Exquisite Vinyl Plank Flooring- Good, Bad, Ugly?

09.02.14
Anyone have experience with this type of product? We are trying to cover about 2100 square feet of a botched sheet vinyl installation in an open area of a church. Wondering about the durability and slickness of this product. I know laminate is slick when wet. I'm assuming since this is an LVT it won't be as slippery. I'm also concerned about buckling over time since it is a wide open area. See floorplan attached - hatched area will be replaced with this product.

Thoughts?

7 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    As this is an adhesive backed product, the existing floor MUST be perfectly attached to the subfloor or you are looking for problems. How "blotched" is the sheet vinyl. Additionally, if the sheet vinyl has an embossed pattern, it will show that pattern
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Beth at Unskinny Boppy
    Beth at Unskinny Boppy Birmingham, AL
    Hmm.. I was under the impression that the Armstrong Exquisite is a floating floor similar to Konecto. I will investigate further. I've used a glue-down LVT before so I would agree that the sub-floor must be perfect in that case. I was told this
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I laid a bunch of the Traffic Master Allure...I think these products a very similar.

The traffic master stuff I used was very easy to lay and has held up well

• LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    I may have spoken too soon,,,,,I think the adhesive is only where the planks meet each other, and it is therefore a "floating" floor. I still feel that the sub-floor should be in perfect shape. Again, how "blotched" is the existing floor???
  • Laura Hurst Calentine
    Laura Hurst Calentine Amesville, OH
    This is an easy to use product, I have laid rooms by myself in a few hours. It cuts with a straight edge and box cutter/exacto knife. It must go onto a flat surface but as long as the floor is flat, it will go down. I know a person who put this in a
  • Conerd Miner
    Conerd Miner Ann Arbor, MI
    This product is extremely durable and proven in my wife's hair salon. it is waterproof and handles traffic very well. Also easy to install.
  • Darla
    Darla Montgomery Village, MD
    I used the Traffic Master Allure. but it was locked in place without adhesive. So far, so good, but it was in a small area. It looks surprisingly good.
Beth at Unskinny Boppy