Ingredients for a Summertime Front Porch:

My Future DIY 04.15.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
It's not hard to create an oasis on a front or back porch -

1. round up a few comfy chairs or a lounge, maybe a swing.

2. add a table to hold a glass.

3. pop in a few pillows and a splash of color in an accessory or two.

...and you have your OWN summertime retreat to enjoy!

Once upon a time, I lived in my dream house. And that dream house had a wide front porch that just said 'Summertime'... It was the perfect place to hang a swing, where I could sit and work or just relax. Add in a few patriotic decor details and a refreshing summer beverage, and it was truly my haven, my retreat. I enjoyed that porch in every season, but especially in summer!

These photos were included in my 'Sweet ReTreats' column in FOLK Magazine's Issue V, Summer 2012. #SummerStyle #OutdoorLiving #Patriotic

• Sometimes the simplest, last-minute details make all the difference!
  • Simple Summertime porch decor...
  • My favorite place.
  • My front porch in FOLK Magazine Issue V Summer, 2012
  • Simple summer beverage: water flavored with strawberries and blueberries.

To see more:

• Sandy K
    Sandy K Oconto, WI
    nice until it rain's out. I am alway's watching the weather.
  • Betty Conder
    Betty Conder Crossville, TN
    Its always nice for the neighbors to see your front porch and know they are welcome to come and sit and chat with you.
  • Deb@HOMEWARDfoundDecor
    Betty Conder, you are so right! As a matter of fact, my neighbors were SO welcome that they would bring their horses with them and tie them to my front step railing!! I also
  • Deb@HOMEWARDfoundDecor
    Sandy K , I lived on an island north of Seattle, and it rained nearly every month of the year! I simply folded up the quilt and grabbed the pillows each evening, tucking them into
  • Sandy K
    Sandy K Oconto, WI
    yes, a person get's use to it, I suppose. Thank's for the comment, I'll be braver next time it rain's. lol

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post