Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.26.14

Ingredients for a Summertime Front Porch:

It's not hard to create an oasis on a front or back porch -

1. round up a few comfy chairs or a lounge, maybe a swing.

2. add a table to hold a glass.

3. pop in a few pillows and a splash of color in an accessory or two.

...and you have your OWN summertime retreat to enjoy!

Once upon a time, I lived in my dream house. And that dream house had a wide front porch that just said 'Summertime'... It was the perfect place to hang a swing, where I could sit and work or just relax. Add in a few patriotic decor details and a refreshing summer beverage, and it was truly my haven, my retreat. I enjoyed that porch in every season, but especially in summer!

These photos were included in my 'Sweet ReTreats' column in FOLK Magazine's Issue V, Summer 2012. #SummerStyle #OutdoorLiving #Patriotic

To see more: http://homewardfounddecor.blogspot.com/2013/05/sweet-summertime.html

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Ah, thank you, Cynthia!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Love the styling too, Debi! It actually seems easy to create a beautiful front porch oasis!
  • Thank you, Miriam I ! It truly didn't take more than a few minutes to pull that all together... and I enjoyed sitting there every day ;)
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I love mine. We live out there in the spring, summer & fall! I love the redo's for the seasons!
  • Pretty porch with a darling swing! Love the idea of adding both blueberries and strawberries to the water cooler!
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Such a pretty porch,Debi Ward Kennedy
  • brings back sweet memories
  • Cecilia Bramhall Pflugerville, TX
    lovely!
  • I love my front porch.
  • Thank you all so much for your kind comments... I think the love of a front porch is universal, don't you?!!!
  • Sandy K Oconto, WI
    nice until it rain's out. I am alway's watching the weather.
  • Betty Conder Crossville, TN
    Its always nice for the neighbors to see your front porch and know they are welcome to come and sit and chat with you.
  • Betty Conder, you are so right! As a matter of fact, my neighbors were SO welcome that they would bring their horses with them and tie them to my front step railing!! I also hosted a seasonal
  • Sandy K , I lived on an island north of Seattle, and it rained nearly every month of the year! I simply folded up the quilt and grabbed the pillows each evening, tucking them into the entry
  • Sandy K Oconto, WI
    yes, a person get's use to it, I suppose. Thank's for the comment, I'll be braver next time it rain's. lol