Spring is coming - can't wait to hit my hammock in my own Backyard Beach!

Garden Wishes 09.19.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Just wanted to share my own little patch of paradise I made after I cut down a huge evergreen tree! I left up the stump about 6 feet tall because I always wanted a hammock. The problem was the nine foot area of lawn under the tree had died and was full of yuck. So I cleaned out the space, laid heavy plastic down, added a tiki-esque log border and added a LOT of sand. I wheeled it in a lawn spreader - much more manageable than a huge wheelbarrow. Added a thatch umbrella with u brackets drilled into the tree and a hammock. LOVE IT. I know - everyone yells at me about wild cats and animals but who cares - I rake the sand and have never found anything like that. I enjoy reading with my toes in the sand! Fins Up!
  • Kate F
    Kate F Raleigh, NC
    LOVE IT!!
  • Donna B
    Donna B Saint Peters, MO
    I just love it and have a spot next to my (under the deck) renovation (see on pinterest) and will take a run with your idea in that area - bought 2 children plastic beach chairs - unbrella - sandbucket - sand - (have lots of sea shells from vacations -
  • Donna B
    Donna B Saint Peters, MO
    The space I am (borrowing) this idea for is small that so I am doing it more as a visual and using child size beach chairs and small light up palm tree / small umbrella etc.
  • Judy4justice
    Judy4justice Pleasant Grove, AL
    I like it a lot!!
  • Elaine Postley
    Elaine Postley Mill Neck, NY
    Good for you!
Tracy W

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post