Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 6 days ago

Fake Wainscoting Tutorial

An easy way to update your home with decorative moldings.This is the finished product and we created the look of wainscoting by first adding a chair rail from Lowe's using a nail gun, painted the wall in a semi-gloss white paint. You can find more ideas at my blog, www.decorchick.com.
46 Comments Displaying 15 of 46 comments | See Previous
  • I'm always wanting to add to my ever growing collection of tools. I want to get a nail/ brad nailer next.
  • Stephen Tar Paoli, PA
    Interiors are good.. ALL I need is the best homes for sale at Markham
  • Peg Newtown Square, PA
    You did buy the box frames at Lowes? Can't seem to find at Home Depot on-line? Would love to just buy them and use like you did...
  • Jerome F Norcross, GA
    Really nice job.
  • Peg Newtown Square, PA
    Went to Lowe's and they said must place order for the pre-made frame boxes. We, instead made our own framed boxes attached to two adjoining walls in our kitchen, chalked and used Rich Lux MAB semi-gloss white paint and turned out BEAUTIFUL. Thanks so
  • Christine P Cary, NC
    I went to walmart and bought $3.00 white picture frames!
    • Peg Newtown Square, PA
      Christine P what size picture frames did you use? Mine were 17 x 20 that we made....was thinking about that idea too and would make it a lot easier. Want to do another wall in my foyer.
  • Meburke Darien, IL
    Lowes here in il no longer carry these panels as I have 17 various sizes but can not do project .with out More panels? Where do u live?
  • Judy Stewart Donnellson, IL
    gorgeous! Thanks for all the tips. Meburke- you can make your panels pretty easily! That is what I did. Turned out fabulous.
  • This looks fabulous. Totally loving the hardwood floors too.
  • Sue Kopp Pottsville, TX
    What a great idea! Love the ready-made frame idea. It really cuts out a lot of heartache doesn't it! Cutting wrong angle, yada yada
  • Meburke Darien, IL
    I may try to Judy S ... Thanks a small hand held miter box & me +wood!paint glue. I may try it!
  • Peg Newtown Square, PA
    Went to Lowe's in Plymouth Meeting, Pa. & they do supply the pre-made framed boxes @ only $ 16.95 each. Needed five and measured & glued to the wall, chalked, lightly sanded and used Rich Lux semi-gloss white paint and turned out GREAT!
  • Pat Dollar Joshua Tree, CA
    The wainscoting treatment is beautiful but what I really fell in love with is the fireplace mantel being used on the wall as a display shelf!
  • Bethanngreenberg Escondido, CA
    This is awesome! What color did you end up painting the wall? I see it was a dark beige before.