Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Fake Wainscoting Tutorial

Decor Ideas 01.06.15
An easy way to update your home with decorative moldings.This is the finished product and we created the look of wainscoting by first adding a chair rail from Lowe's using a nail gun, painted the wall in a semi-gloss white paint. You can find more ideas at my blog, www.decorchick.com.
47 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 47 comments | See Previous
  • Lori T
    Did you buy the nail gun or rent it?
  • Lori T
    I'm always wanting to add to my ever growing collection of tools. I want to get a nail/ brad nailer next.
  • Stephen Tar
    Stephen Tar Paoli, PA
    Interiors are good.. ALL I need is the best homes for sale at Markham
  • Peg
    Peg Newtown Square, PA
    You did buy the box frames at Lowes? Can't seem to find at Home Depot on-line? Would love to just buy them and use like you did...
  • Jerome F
    Jerome F Norcross, GA
    Really nice job.
  • Peg
    Peg Newtown Square, PA
    Went to Lowe's and they said must place order for the pre-made frame boxes. We, instead made our own framed boxes attached to two adjoining walls in our kitchen, chalked and used Rich Lux MAB semi-gloss white paint and turned out BEAUTIFUL. Thanks so
  • Christine P
    Christine P Cary, NC
    I went to walmart and bought $3.00 white picture frames!
    • Peg
      Peg Newtown Square, PA
      Christine P what size picture frames did you use? Mine were 17 x 20 that we made....was thinking about that idea too and would make it a lot easier. Want to do another wall in my foyer.
  • Meburke
    Meburke Darien, IL
    Lowes here in il no longer carry these panels as I have 17 various sizes but can not do project .with out More panels? Where do u live?
  • Judy Stewart
    Judy Stewart Donnellson, IL
    gorgeous! Thanks for all the tips. Meburke- you can make your panels pretty easily! That is what I did. Turned out fabulous.
  • Vidya: Whats Ur Home Story
    This looks fabulous. Totally loving the hardwood floors too.
  • Sue Kopp
    Sue Kopp Pottsville, TX
    What a great idea! Love the ready-made frame idea. It really cuts out a lot of heartache doesn't it! Cutting wrong angle, yada yada
  • Meburke
    Meburke Darien, IL
    I may try to Judy S ... Thanks a small hand held miter box & me +wood!paint glue. I may try it!
  • Peg
    Peg Newtown Square, PA
    Went to Lowe's in Plymouth Meeting, Pa. & they do supply the pre-made framed boxes @ only $ 16.95 each. Needed five and measured & glued to the wall, chalked, lightly sanded and used Rich Lux semi-gloss white paint and turned out GREAT!
  • Pat Dollar
    Pat Dollar Joshua Tree, CA
    The wainscoting treatment is beautiful but what I really fell in love with is the fireplace mantel being used on the wall as a display shelf!
  • Bethanngreenberg
    Bethanngreenberg Escondido, CA
    This is awesome! What color did you end up painting the wall? I see it was a dark beige before.
Decorchick!

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing