Very large island

08.27.13
We did this island in one piece, and it was a beast! It took 12 people to move it in and put it in place. It has one integral sink and one under mount, 16' long and almost 5' wide 3'' thick. It weighed about 1500 lbs. and was not in the least bit fun to move!
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    That is gorgeous! I'll get you guys were sweatin bullets literally and figuratively, not only from the weight but the WHAT IF factor!! Glad it went well!!
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.
    Susan i was a nervous wreck until that thing was in place! It was such a fun job because of all the custom features they wanted and gave me free rein to create. I wasnt worried about the island, its strong as can be. I was worried about myself and the
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    Very cool, love the tree branch design. I'd hate to think what you have to charge for a custom piece like that!
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    This is so creative. . . you are my kind of guys!!!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Wonderful piece of art! I trust the floor will support this weight.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Oh Lord, it's a little late now if it doesn't
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.
    Becky, they better hope so. I think the cabinets would give out before the floor. Its been several months and the builder hasnt mentioned having to replace anyones floor so they must be ok.
  • Faidra at  CA Global Inc
    Stunning, your work is all ART!
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.
    Thank you
  • Meir W
    Meir W Cedarhurst, NY
    Impressive work. what is the material?
Burco Surface & Decor LLC.