Hometalk.com

Suitcase Planter

These plants are on the move! Cultivators Design and Landscape loves to explore new planter ideas and the suitcase planter is one of our favorites! Anyone can do this! And again the possibilities are endless!!! Herbs, veggies, annuals, sedums, you name it! But remember this is a shallow planter and will probably needed to be watered daily! Happy Planting! :)
17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I'm going to have to pass on this one...The planting are nice but I can't get my brain past the "decor de landfill" aspect of the old Samsonite.
  • We are just trying to give people ideas for planters and re-using things in the garden. It helps to keep an open mind....as the old saying goes one man's junk is another man's treasure!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Well said!!
  • Ruth K Leesburg, FL
    I love ideas like this. I knew an older lady in my younger years that used everything for planters.. Old boots,work shoes, felt hats, cracked bowls,piece of funny looking log. She had such an imagination.
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Just don't try to get that past the TSA!
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    This would fit in with other more rustic ones I have seen...How do you make an old toilet "smell like a rose" Plant some in it...or in this case pansies.
  • Cher D Elyria, OH
    the toilet is tacky
  • hey, I've been looking for an older suitcase like this to actually use in over night stays at my daughter's, LOL. Where can you find these?
  • Cher D Elyria, OH
    to design time for homes...i have some in ex cond...but they come at a price
  • Evelyn R Manchester, MD
    Tacky toilet - I have an old bathtub, bathroom sink over an old toilet (seat removed) all grouped together and when planted and in bloom, they are gorgeous. If the plants cooperate this year, I'll post a picture. Last weekend my 2 yr old twin grandsons
  • Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    I think if the toilet was painted a really wild color..like purple and green stripes, it would be more appealing and look less tacky. How about poka dots ?
  • Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    With the suit cases..how would you protect the cases from the weather and not fall apart?
  • Terra, The suit case will fall apart over time.....you could put a sealer on them to make them last awhile longer.