Suitcase Planter

Art & Decoration 10.11.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
These plants are on the move! Cultivators Design and Landscape loves to explore new planter ideas and the suitcase planter is one of our favorites! Anyone can do this! And again the possibilities are endless!!! Herbs, veggies, annuals, sedums, you name it! But remember this is a shallow planter and will probably needed to be watered daily! Happy Planting! :)
  • Make sure to prop the lid open to allow the plants to get light! We used a dead branch for a rustic look.
  • Cultivators Design and Landscape
    Terra, The suit case will fall apart over could put a sealer on them to make them last awhile longer.
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    With the suit would you protect the cases from the weather and not fall apart?
    • Julie Peasley
      Julie Peasley Burns, OR
      I was wondering the same thing. I have an old Turk that I may try. It has been in the weather and is looking bad "rustic" but I don't want it to fall completely apart.
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    I think if the toilet was painted a really wild purple and green stripes, it would be more appealing and look less tacky. How about poka dots ?
  • Evelyn R
    Evelyn R Manchester, MD
    Tacky toilet - I have an old bathtub, bathroom sink over an old toilet (seat removed) all grouped together and when planted and in bloom, they are gorgeous. If the plants cooperate this year, I'll post a picture. Last weekend my 2 yr old twin grandsons
    • Gladys
      Gladys Lena, WI
      Evelyn R Would love to see a picture when they are blooming nicely.
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    to design time for homes...i have some in ex cond...but they come at a price
  • Design Time for Homes, Atlanta
    hey, I've been looking for an older suitcase like this to actually use in over night stays at my daughter's, LOL. Where can you find these?
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    the toilet is tacky
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    This would fit in with other more rustic ones I have seen...How do you make an old toilet "smell like a rose" Plant some in it...or in this case pansies.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Just don't try to get that past the TSA!
  • Ruth K
    Ruth K Leesburg, FL
    I love ideas like this. I knew an older lady in my younger years that used everything for planters.. Old boots,work shoes, felt hats, cracked bowls,piece of funny looking log. She had such an imagination.
Cultivators Design and Landscape

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post