Suitcase Planter

Garden 05.16.15
These plants are on the move! Cultivators Design and Landscape loves to explore new planter ideas and the suitcase planter is one of our favorites! Anyone can do this! And again the possibilities are endless!!! Herbs, veggies, annuals, sedums, you name it! But remember this is a shallow planter and will probably needed to be watered daily! Happy Planting! :)
  • Make sure to prop the lid open to allow the plants to get light! We used a dead branch for a rustic look.
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    to design time for homes...i have some in ex cond...but they come at a price
  • Evelyn R
    Evelyn R Manchester, MD
    Tacky toilet - I have an old bathtub, bathroom sink over an old toilet (seat removed) all grouped together and when planted and in bloom, they are gorgeous. If the plants cooperate this year, I'll post a picture. Last weekend my 2 yr old twin grandsons
    • Gladys
      Gladys Lena, WI
      Evelyn R Would love to see a picture when they are blooming nicely.
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    I think if the toilet was painted a really wild color..like purple and green stripes, it would be more appealing and look less tacky. How about poka dots ?
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    With the suit cases..how would you protect the cases from the weather and not fall apart?
    • Julie Peasley
      Julie Peasley Burns, OR
      I was wondering the same thing. I have an old Turk that I may try. It has been in the weather and is looking bad "rustic" but I don't want it to fall completely apart.
  • Cultivators Design and Landscape
    Terra, The suit case will fall apart over time.....you could put a sealer on them to make them last awhile longer.
Cultivators Design and Landscape

Search Feedback