Suitcase Planter

Garden 05.16.15
These plants are on the move! Cultivators Design and Landscape loves to explore new planter ideas and the suitcase planter is one of our favorites! Anyone can do this! And again the possibilities are
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    OMG. This is too cute!!
  • Cultivators Design and Landscape
    Thanks Miriam!
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I'm going to have to pass on this one...The planting are nice but I can't get my brain past the "decor de landfill" aspect of the old Samsonite.
  • Cultivators Design and Landscape
    We are just trying to give people ideas for planters and re-using things in the garden. It helps to keep an open mind....as the old saying goes one man's junk is another man's treasure!
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Well said!!
  • Ruth K
    Ruth K Leesburg, FL
    I love ideas like this. I knew an older lady in my younger years that used everything for planters.. Old boots,work shoes, felt hats, cracked bowls,piece of funny looking log. She had such an imagination.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Just don't try to get that past the TSA!
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    This would fit in with other more rustic ones I have seen...How do you make an old toilet "smell like a rose" Plant some in it...or in this case pansies.
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    the toilet is tacky
  • Design Time for Homes, Atlanta
    hey, I've been looking for an older suitcase like this to actually use in over night stays at my daughter's, LOL. Where can you find these?
  • Cher D
    Cher D Elyria, OH
    to design time for homes...i have some in ex cond...but they come at a price
  • Evelyn R
    Evelyn R Manchester, MD
    Tacky toilet - I have an old bathtub, bathroom sink over an old toilet (seat removed) all grouped together and when planted and in bloom, they are gorgeous. If the plants cooperate this year, I'll post a picture. Last weekend my 2 yr old twin grandsons
    • Gladys
      Gladys Lena, WI
      Evelyn R Would love to see a picture when they are blooming nicely.
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    I think if the toilet was painted a really wild color..like purple and green stripes, it would be more appealing and look less tacky. How about poka dots ?
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    With the suit cases..how would you protect the cases from the weather and not fall apart?
    • Julie Peasley
      Julie Peasley Burns, OR
      I was wondering the same thing. I have an old Turk that I may try. It has been in the weather and is looking bad "rustic" but I don't want it to fall completely apart.
  • Cultivators Design and Landscape
    Terra, The suit case will fall apart over time.....you could put a sealer on them to make them last awhile longer.
Cultivators Design and Landscape