QuotaExceededError: DOM Exception 22: An attempt was made to add something to storage that exceeded the quota. http://static.criteo.net/js/ld/publishertag.js:1 in setItem http://static.criteo.net/js/ld/publishertag.js:1 in setItem http://static.criteo.net/js/ld/publishertag.js:1 in storeMetric http://static.criteo.net/js/ld/publishertag.js:1 http://static.criteo.net/js/ld/publishertag.js:1 in onload Tutorial for Bee's Knees Spring Summer Wreath | Hometalk

Tutorial for Bee's Knees Spring Summer Wreath

114,072 Views
I wanted to make a unique and cheerful wreath for my front door to display for the spring and summer months. But when my original plan didn't quite work out, I headed to my craft supplies to make my wreath truly special.
  • my bee s knees spring summer wreath, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
I really enjoy making special door decorations for my home for each season. I try to make each one unique and different from the season before. You can see the other decorations I've made, along with full tutorials, on my blog.
So for this spring, I made this wreath using artificial flowers and ribbon. You can see how to make a similar wreath on my blog.
This wreath was fine, but I wanted to add a little something to make it more fun and colorful.
So I headed into my craft supplies for this wooden sign I bought on sale after Halloween and my paint. I grabbed some bubble wrap too.
First, I removed the black ribbon from my sign. It wouldn't work for my spring wreath. Then I drew a 1/2 inch border around my sign.
Next, using acrylic paint, I painted the interior of my sign a pinkish caramel color. I exaggerated my colors a bit for this project so my sign would match the flowers in my wreath and so you could see and read the sign from the street. Then I covered my border with painters tape.
Next, I found a piece of bubble wrap that was large enough to cover the center of my sign. I watered down some yellow acrylic paint and carefully brushed it over my bubble wrap, trying just to paint the tops of each bubble.
Then, while my yellow paint was still wet on my bubble wrap, I turned it over onto my sign and pressed it gently on to the surface. I made sure to press around the entire sheet with the palm of my hand to make sure my paint transferred on to the sign.
Ta-da! My bubble circles made a honeycomb pattern on my sign! I used a paint brush to do a little touch up on my yellow where I needed it.
I glued on a wooden "hello" to my sign that I bought on ebay. Then I painted a couple of cute bees on my sign to complete my design.
When my paint was dry, I hung my sign in the middle of my wreath using some twine. My front door is covered so I don't have to worry about the weather damaging my wreath or sign.
I couldn't be happier with how this wreath finally turned out. I love my little "hello" sign and I can take it off my wreath when it's not on display. I plan to hang my sign in my bathroom during the fall and winter :) I hope you like it as much as I do!
  • Hannah V
    Hannah V Brooklyn, NY

This is beyond adorable! I love bees for spring and summer decor :)

• Donna
      Donna Simpsonville, SC

@Hannah V Thanks, Hannah! I love bees too - from a distance :)

• Asha Ravada
    Asha Ravada Aldie, VA

Love it ! such a beautiful project!

• Donna
      Donna Simpsonville, SC

@Asha Ravada Thanks! So sweet of you!

• Marylue Young
    Marylue Young

Really cute my nephews teacher loves bees, I'm always looking for bee crafts lol. Thank you :)

• Donna
      Donna Simpsonville, SC

@Marylue Young This would definitely make a great teacher gift, maybe with a different word or greeting on it.

• Sirkku
    Sirkku Finland

Really fun idea

• Donna
      Donna Simpsonville, SC

@Sirkku Thanks! I was a lot of fun to see this project come together.

• Barbara Heist
    Barbara Heist Saline, MI

Donna this is just so dang cute. Great mind you have there.

• Donna
      Donna Simpsonville, SC

@Barbara Heist Thanks! I was looking for some way to add some personality to this wreath. Everything came together when I remembered that I had this wooden sign in my craft supplies. Thanks for adding your comment!

Inspired? Will you try this project? Let the author know!