Our penny kitchen floor.

Backyard Escapes 06.20.15
31,140 pennies, some grout, and a little sealant later, and we have a pretty cool kitchen floor. :) The pennies are all heads up, facing the same direction.
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Michelle you can find Weldbond glue in craft shops that carry supplies for mosaics.
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    A truly unique idea...........one that "pays" off handsomely! Great perseverence as that could have been an overwhelming challenge. Truly a heads up project that should wow all who enter.
  • Susan B
    Susan B Stapleton, GA
    A Copper Floor. wow!! I would have never got that job done.My knees would have killed me.not to mention the back.But it looks Awesome.
  • Abigail S
    Abigail S Bellingham, WA
    ...and a LOT of patience! Wow!
  • Jackie H
    Jackie H Garner, NC
    I love this! You have inspired me!
  • Michelle I
    Michelle I Marshallville, GA
    Since youdo this for a living and I only made one penny garden ball, lol, I would like to ask, why you didn't use this fiberglass mesh? Also I would like to know how you feel about the self adhesive fiberglass mesh, for a penny kitchen floor. No
  • Michelle I
    Michelle I Marshallville, GA
    Amanda, I love it so much, I am going to attempt it. I have done a penny garden ball just recently and when I saw your floor I was 2 days from buying tile. I have questions, after you do each section on pennys and grout, do you put the 2 coats of
  • April A
    April A Mount Airy, NC
    oo snap!!!! luv it!!
  • Melinda K
    Melinda K Pittsburgh, PA
    Wow, it turned out really nice. That must have been very time consuming making sure they were all heads up and facing the same direction! Eek! I love how it turned but I do't think I would have the patience for that.
  • Stacey K
    Stacey K Bolivar, MO
    I bet this took along time to put down but well worth it
  • Eden W
    Eden W Alpharetta, GA
    Gorgeous! I now have a great idea for a coffee table in the den. Thanks!
  • Frank C
    Frank C Lawrenceville, GA
    Sorry my bad, Yes I added too many zero's. I must be a Democrat (lol) Just kidding.
  • Susan
    Susan Cary, NC
    As great as the floor is, the mosaic on the face of the bottom cabinet is really inspiring me. I have a similar area, about 5 feet long that suddenly looks really blank now!
  • Murals by Monti
    Murals by Monti Oceanside, CA
    What did you use as your adhesive? I would love to do this in my art studio. $311 is cheaper than linoleum and so much more unique.
  • Amanda E
    Amanda E Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Thanks all! I did them one at a time. There's an article about it here actually:

http://www.pressherald.com/life/homeandgarde...

Amanda E