Hometalk.com

Dream Home 01.05.14

Our penny kitchen floor.

31,140 pennies, some grout, and a little sealant later, and we have a pretty cool kitchen floor. :) The pennies are all heads up, facing the same direction.
92 Comments Displaying 15 of 92 comments | See Previous
  • Amanda E Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Thanks all for the nice comments! If you want more information, or a small tutorial, you can head here to my website:

http://www.mandolinmosaics.com/installations...

• Ellen Whitehead Mancelona, MI
    I like the floor, but I LOVE the white birch mosaic on the side of the island!!
  • Nancy Republic, MO
    What a great kitchen! I love all the mosaics you've done!
  • Rita Bishop Somerset, KY
    I'm actually considering this as a floor for my (rather small) kitchen. I don't like (cold, hard) ceramic; don't want wood or laminate in the kitchen; carpet definitely a no-go; can't find a vinyl I like. This is so unique and versatile. How well does it
  • is that hard to clean?
  • I love the mosaic on your island also.
  • Amanda E Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Thanks you Lori, Nancy, Rita, & Ellen! :)

It's not hard to clean. After adhering the pennies, I grouted the floor... which filled in all the gaps. Then, I applied a

• Oooh - that's the most inventive thing I've ever seen for a floor. Am desperate to try it in our bathroom. Is there a technicque for the grouting ?
  • Leroy Barton Indianapolis, IN
    does anyone care that the cabinets are hideous? Plus, even with the nice floor and pretty artwork, what is going on with all the different backsplash and counter tops?
    • Leroy Barton Gosh what a cold comment regarding this mans cabinets........he's doing the best he can with what he had to do with and its HIS home, I just can't believe the audacity of some
  • Cher D Elyria, OH
    how many sq feet is your kitchen floor...love this
  • Crystal Lamb Mexia, TX
    Yes, square footage, Please...Its great!
  • Violet Carthage, MO
    I love the floors! Can you explain exactly how you did this? I'm a single mom and would love this in my kitchen. you can email

me at tomahna.girl.777@gmail.com

• Violet Carthage, MO
    Never mind. I found how.
  • Patricia Morse Lake City, PA
    Wow! That is a ton of work, and a whole year to complete it? Now, that's patience! I think you did a wonderful job! As for the comment on the cabinets, a gallon of paint would make a huge difference. I'm like you tho', I live on Soc. Sec. and have to do