Our penny kitchen floor.

Backyard Escapes 06.20.15
31,140 pennies, some grout, and a little sealant later, and we have a pretty cool kitchen floor. :) The pennies are all heads up, facing the same direction.
  • Marion K
    That is awesome,I bet that it took a long time to lay those Pennies just right.Great Job
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    It is so beautiful and I would love it but don't have the patience to do it myself or the $$ to have a pro do it. Awesome is the right word Debbie E.
  • Amanda E
    Amanda E Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Hey all! If you head over to my website, and click on "Installations", you can read all about the steps to do the floor. I didn't clean my pennies first. I started to, but it became far too much work. I just sorted them out, returned the ones I didn't
  • Betty B
    Betty B Cypress, TX
    Head or Tails??? Love the concept - and the floor! also want to know - did you do anything to the coins before placing them on the floor?
  • Debbie E
    Debbie E Merritt Island, FL
    This is awesome, I love it!
  • Michelle I
    Michelle I Marshallville, GA
    Amanda me again. Did you clean your pennies prior to putting the polyurthene on it. I have been going through all the pennies I have been buying at the bank, getting rid of all the pennies that arent acceptable, and sorting through any that may be of
  • Lorraine M
    Wow, great job, it is beautiful.
  • Danita H
    Danita H New Port Richey, FL
    this is great, I think I may do a table top like that........then at least I can see where all my money went.......lol
  • Amanda E
    Amanda E Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Wow... thanks all! :) I'm going to try to write up something about the floor on my website... so, if you have any questions about it, take a look at my site over the next day or so. :)
  • Patty B
    Patty B Kent, OH
    amazing !!!:)))
  • Elayne B
    Elayne B New York, NY
    Excellent!! Was honestly looking for a project to use up my pennies... They are being de-comissioned in Canada later this year. I was originally trying to think up another idea to use them,,, maybe jewellry of some sort?? Keep the cool ideas coming.
  • Kathie S
    so, just to be nosey. How many pennies did it cost ? LOL
  • Roxy D
    Roxy D Gainesville, GA
    Nice work. Economical too. You couldnt have gotten a new floor for that. A lot of intense labor, but well worth.
  • Linda T
    Linda T Stewartstown, PA
    Took me a month of climbing up and down the step stool, to be sure each piece was just right (Also, to rest my ancient back quite often). Thankful for my gin martinis that gave me courage ans strength!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Lots of work! My patience would surely be tested...trying to get all those pennies straight!
Amanda E