• Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    That's great to know. Thanks for the detailed photos and explanations. I think I am not far from this project for the back door to my garage. The rest of my doors are thankfully better protected but that one's pretty exposed and has been in standing
  • Jim P
    Jim P Fairburn, GA
    Steve, the replacement jambs I bought are treated for rot protection. You may want to replace the whole jamb in your case. They run about $25.00 and come with the weather proof gasket installed.
  • HandyANDY Home Renovations All Repairs, LLC
    HandyANDY does these types of repairs everyday. Great pics. You probably did cut the frame at an angle as well...just like the brick molding so any moisture can shed to the front. The key to these repairs isn't using "rot-proof" materials but making
  • Cher @ Designs By Studio C
    Thanks so much for sharing! I have to repair the jambs in my home and I appreciate your instructions!
  • Cindy Luby
    Cindy Luby Plano, TX
    Thank you so much for this post. I know many people that have this probelm.
Jim P