Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 03.06.14

Small mostly freebie backyard deck

This is a small deck I made a few years ago at another trailer we lived in, made from pallets, oversea shipping crates, yard sale stain and polyurethane, junked decorations and tree and railing and garden ties. In the center of the deck I painted a Koi fish pond. I was asked on HomeTalk facebook to post this awhile ago...
74 Comments Displaying 15 of 74 comments | See Previous
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    I have an Aunt who owns her mobile home and pays lot rent so I know what you mean. I never did get around to doing your idea this year, but there is always next year :)
  • Marilyn Tolliver Lincoln, NE
    Thank you for sharing this. I love your deck and I'm going to try to make one!
  • Edie Maynard Bradenton, FL
    Thanks so much for the great idea. I have a big back yard so I have enough room for a deck but unfortunately no cash. This is Perfect....
  • Donna C Manchester, NH
    Wonderful deck great idea to save money!!!
  • Connie C Navarre, FL
    Loved all these pictures. Great ideas. Love the Koi pond.

Thank you for sharing.

• Jovanna Columbia, SC
    Nice. Thanks for sharing
  • Kay Bulger Homestead, PA
    Hi Karen I was curious as to how you did this from start to finish. I love your idea and will be attempting to do it before memorial day weekend so that i can have a nice yard. How many days did it take you to complete this wonderful project???
  • Joy D Rouzerville, PA
    What an imagination......good job!!!
  • Angelo Avila Joshua Tree, CA
    You can also make wooden fences out of pallets
  • Karen B Youngstown, NY
    I had a friend who took me on a pickup at a factory and they had these thrown out, the boxes and the pallets. I just screwed the pallets together set the benches on top added hinges to the lids, then bought 2 lounge cushions at Walmart, the stain and
  • Karen B Youngstown, NY
    there are more pics on this site somewhere I put up of it finished
  • Mrsctoyou@gmail.com Burnside, KY
    What are the finished dimensions for this?