Hometalk.com

Old weathered door turned coffee table

Hey Hometalkers! I wanted to share this coffee table that my handy husband created for me using some furniture grade wood, spindle legs, an old wooden door and some copper piping. My neighbor had this weathered old exterior door out on the curb for trash pickup. I stopped and asked if we could have it, and he hand delivered it to my basement! My husband cut it in half, framed it out and added legs, then added the copper pipe as an accent underneath. I absolutely love the way this table turned out. It's sturdy and is perfect for my son to race his cars around the "tracks". Thanks for letting me share! :) http://unskinnyboppy.blogspot.com/2011/08...
40 Comments Displaying 15 of 40 comments | See Previous
  • Jeanette M Hastings, FL
    cool idea
  • beautiful
  • Betty H Summers, AR
    great area to cover with glass and place momentos under it in the indented areas, a beauty.
  • This is perfection! Any time you can reuse something old is a good thing!
  • Beth B Birmingham, AL
    Thanks so much everyone! :)
  • Marybeth Ouimet- Krol Westfield, MA
    I love this! I want to make one today!!!
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    @Betty, Loving that idea! If glass is too expensive, there is always Plexiglass...Maybe safer for a coffee table that takes abuse from grandkids and their cars...LOL
  • I have, old doors ...I'm building, and have designed a queen size bed...G. P.
  • ViewAlongTheWay Marietta, GA
    ooh Beth! This is STUNNING! That copper piping is my favorite detail!
  • Beth B Birmingham, AL
    Thanks so much Kelly and everyone! :)

@Bar P Ranch have you shared you bed here? Would love to see it!

• Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Don't you love having a handy husband? This is a fabulous project!
  • Carmen Segundo Mcallen, TX
    would better with a centerpiece
  • Mary A W Atlanta, GA
    Beth this is a lovely idea it turned out so nice and I love the legs and copper piping. I just finished framing some stuff now I have to go find an old door. Thanks
  • DaisyMaeBelle - Melissa Murfreesboro, TN
    LOVE this idea!
  • Lynda Gaffney, SC
    Yep, we'll all be doing this!