My Kitchen Remodel DIY Butcher Block Countertops

countertop ideas 5 days ago
I've been really busy on my kitchen remodel but I'm almost finished. Here are some pictures of my new butcher block cabinets with a thick poly finish. The cost for custom was outrageous so I made my own for a fraction of the cost! So shiny, so easy to care for, and so pretty. You can go to my blog the DIY information at http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/201...
  • Rebecca D
    Rebecca D Dearborn, MI
    Looks beautiful... Peggy !
  • Peggy H
    Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thanks Rebecca. Thanks for sharing that link Anna R I hadn't seen that product before and since I restore furniture I may want to give it a try sometime soon.
  • Karen B
    Karen B Youngstown, NY
    that looks fantastic! LOVE it1
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    Do they have a product like EnviroTex for floors that you know of?
  • Peggy H
    Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Hi Margery C, I don't know if they have anything like it for floors. I would suggest you check at your local paint store. I do know that an area that large would be difficult to do.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Looks like it would work for a crafting counter top as well. Good job!
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    thank you Peggy. I imagine it would be hard to do but so worth it for me and the three dogs. If I find anything or decide to use enviro Tx lite, I'll let you know the results :)
  • Peggy H
    Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Please do Margery C. but their are several different brands to choose from that is just what they had at my paint store.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Wow what a gorgeous counter Peggy. I never would have thought to use flooring for a kitchen counter.
  • Peggy H
    Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thank you Becky I'm glad you like them.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Peggy.
  • Cyndy B
    Cyndy B Bivins, TX
    Outstanding countertops, Peggy! And what a fun surprise to see Bivins, TX under your name! That's where we are too!!!
  • Peggy H
    Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thanks Cyndy! Bivins is my address but I live 10 minutes from Vivian, Louisiana on the state line. Howdy neighbor. :-)
  • Kandee S
    Kandee S Reno, NV
    we are re doing our kitchen and want to use butcher block for all counter thanks for the pics. I really need to seal around the sink
  • Peggy H
    Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Your so welcome. We cut styrofoam and put in holes for faucet before we poured poly.
Peggy H