Hometalk.com

Plants & Flowers 11.13.13

My Kitchen Remodel DIY Butcher Block Countertops

I've been really busy on my kitchen remodel but I'm almost finished. Here are some pictures of my new butcher block cabinets with a thick poly finish. The cost for custom was outrageous so I made my own for a fraction of the cost! So shiny, so easy to care for, and so pretty. You can go to my blog the DIY information at http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/201...
24 Comments Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thanks everyone I'm glad you like it. Yes Seth my husband had a few things he thought would look neat embedded in the top but I nixed it. :-)
  • I made a very nice breakfast-bar from wood in a previous home I sold, and this is the product I used - bought it at Michaels - http://michaels.com/EnviroTex-Lite%C2%AE/gc0...
  • Rebecca D Dearborn, MI
    Looks beautiful... Peggy !
  • Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thanks Rebecca. Thanks for sharing that link Anna R I hadn't seen that product before and since I restore furniture I may want to give it a try sometime soon.
  • Karen B Youngstown, NY
    that looks fantastic! LOVE it1
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    Do they have a product like EnviroTex for floors that you know of?
  • Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Hi Margery C, I don't know if they have anything like it for floors. I would suggest you check at your local paint store. I do know that an area that large would be difficult to do.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Looks like it would work for a crafting counter top as well. Good job!
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    thank you Peggy. I imagine it would be hard to do but so worth it for me and the three dogs. If I find anything or decide to use enviro Tx lite, I'll let you know the results :)
  • Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Please do Margery C. but their are several different brands to choose from that is just what they had at my paint store.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Wow what a gorgeous counter Peggy. I never would have thought to use flooring for a kitchen counter.
  • Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thank you Becky I'm glad you like them.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Peggy.
  • Cyndy B Kilgore, TX
    Outstanding countertops, Peggy! And what a fun surprise to see Bivins, TX under your name! That's where we are too!!!
  • Peggy H Bivins, TX
    Thanks Cyndy! Bivins is my address but I live 10 minutes from Vivian, Louisiana on the state line. Howdy neighbor. :-)