This dated and dismal master bath need an overhaul. The goal was to create a master retreat on a budget that was sleek and clean. It needed to be done in a short period of time. We had to keep the existing foot print of the bathroom plus the floor, cabinets and tub. It's a tall order to fill.
Let me show you the Before. It's a nice sized space and I like the angled ceiling. The problem is that all of the materials are tired. The maple cabinets are worn. The pinkish tile counter top is builder basic and out of style.
It does not look like the same room does it?
The maple cabinets are worn. The pinkish tile counter is builder basic and out of style.
We addressed the worn maple cabinets by spray lacquering them with an espresso finish. We added polished chrome hardware for some shimmer.
The tub under the window is going to stay, however the tile on the tub deck has to be replaced. Many are chipped and cracking.
The tub area changed dramatically by running the tile vertically across the entire wall and around the window. By doing this there is no awkward starting
and stopping points with the tile. Plus it gives it a more finished look and adds drama.
The shower feels small and the frosted glass doors have gotten grimy over the years from the hard water.
The shower is the same size but it looks so much bigger for 2 reasons. 1) We ran the tile to the ceiling and 2) The frame-less glass door opens up the view.
On the floor we did a split stone. The earthy stone is a nice contrast to the polished tile. Check out the infinity drain and the generously sized bench.
The small make up vanity has become a catch-all area and does not invite you to use it. The light fixtures and mirror are as basic as you can get.
The make-up cabinet got the espresso lacquer and the creamy quartz top.
The dramatic difference is the mirror and sconces. This was easy to do. The old mirror was broken off the wall and the electrical was already there for the new sconces.
The dimensional mirror dazzles.
Wahhhh-laa! This stylish, spa like retreat has added significant value to the home. From start to finish this project took three weeks.
To see more: http://www.smartinteriors.net/