Naturally Repair Wood With Vinegar and Canola Oil

ingas pin it ideas 2 days ago
Use 3/4 cup of oil, add 1/4 cup vinegar. white or apple cider vinegar, mix it in a jar, then rub it into the wood. You don't need to wipe it off; the wood just soaks it in Credit goes to .Heili's Healthy Haven
Time: 60 Minutes Cost: $22.00 Difficulty: Easy

on This Post

• Elle
    Elle Gainesville, VA
    Hi I have an different problem but judging from the photos you posted I would say you are a furniture miracle worker. I have an Ethan Allen table that has off white legs below the wood planking on the surface. I just noticed that there is some flaking of
  • Kris Cole
    Kris Cole Saint Francis, MN
    You can use a rag that you dip in some brown paint if the same shade, and rub it quickly up and down over the area that is flaking. Continue rubbing lightly until you reached desired coverage. The great thing about rag wiping paint on is it doesn't leave
  • Kris Cole
    Kris Cole Saint Francis, MN
    Buy some of the same shade, (and finish) dab some on a scrunched up rag, and dab over the areas that are beginning to flake. You can easily control the amount that stays on the surface by wiping excess, or dabbing more where needed. Just work with it
  • Haley Rigas
    Does this actually work ?
    • Kris Cole
      Kris Cole Saint Francis, MN
      Haley Rigas Yes, it does! It won't renew really, really ruined furniture. But, knicked up, scratched, banged up, it does a great job on. Look at the last picture. That piece is still as pretty today, sitting in my living room. :)
  • Gladys
    Gladys Lawrenceville, GA
    Great save! Let's get the word out too that a piece of furniture with damaged wood veneer can be restored. It is easy to find sheets of wood veneer online in a variety of woods. One product is pressure sensitive, which I guess means you don't have to use
Kris Cole