Naturally Repair Wood With Vinegar and Canola Oil

Use 3/4 cup of oil, add 1/4 cup vinegar. white or apple cider vinegar, mix it in a jar, then rub it into the wood. You don't need to wipe it off; the wood just soaks it in Credit goes to .Heili's Healthy Haven
Time: 60 Minutes Cost: $22.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • Interesting!
  • This is what I am going to attempt this idea on, hope it works!
  • Hot Mess!
  • Front before I began.
  • Ewww! Ouch!
  • Side, untouched, but ol running from the top...I am kinda messy :)
  • Front after.
  • TV table half done....
  • After...better
  • Half done....
  • All done!
  • Finished, and in it's new home!
  • Kris Cole
    Kris Cole Saint Francis, MN
    It doesn't work very well at all on veneer or laminate. It just sets on top of them.
  • Charles
    Charles Alexandria, VA
    Thanks.
  • Elle
    Elle Gainesville, VA
    Hi I have an different problem but judging from the photos you posted I would say you are a furniture miracle worker. I have an Ethan Allen table that has off white legs below the wood planking on the surface. I just noticed that there is some flaking of
  • Kris Cole
    Kris Cole Saint Francis, MN
    You can use a rag that you dip in some brown paint if the same shade, and rub it quickly up and down over the area that is flaking. Continue rubbing lightly until you reached desired coverage. The great thing about rag wiping paint on is it doesn't leave
  • Kris Cole
    Kris Cole Saint Francis, MN
    Buy some of the same shade, (and finish) dab some on a scrunched up rag, and dab over the areas that are beginning to flake. You can easily control the amount that stays on the surface by wiping excess, or dabbing more where needed. Just work with it
Kris Cole