Hometalk.com

04.22.12

Write An Essay. Win A House!

Have you heard about this? An Iowa family, effected by the economic downturn, could not sell their home. So what did they decide to do? Hold an essay contest & give it away!! The one catch? You must buy a $100 "ticket" to enter your essay in the contest.

The home is an early 20th century in the historic district of Cedar Rapids. It certainly has vintage charm! What do you think? Will you enter?

Get full details here: http://iowahomeessaycontest.eventbrite.com/

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    This is wild! I watched it on Fox & Friends if anyone want's to see more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/in...
  • Lynn C Wildwood, FL
    I love IOWA and would LOVE to be able to move back home ..
  • Lynn C Wildwood, FL
    And I WILL enter this next week ,I encourage you to also ! (Assuming all tickets must be sold for the home to be given away ?)
  • Suzi B Ottumwa, IA
    like a lot of people my husband lost his job due to the economic downturn.. the up side it gave us the chance to move back home closer to family and friends... and it's in IOWA lol
  • Lynn C Wildwood, FL
    I hear you Suzi. In my case my husband lost his job and the Lord brought a great job but he has to travel and I would love to be closer to my IOWA children and grandchildren now but we cannot afford to move and he's 65,I am 60 and I really need him home
  • Debbie W Portage, MI
    You could lose more that $100 in a single trip to a casino for an evening. Your odds are likely better for the house.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    It's a beautiful home. Cedar Rapids is a lot closer to my family than Seattle, but my work doesn't transfer there. Good luck to all who enter.
  • Pam D Alexandria, LA
    Yhey were interviewed this morning on FOX. The home is also for sale for something like $250,000.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I checked out the video posted above...they have the house on the market for $99500. They are requiring 1000 entries for the 'house" to be won..with a 2000 entry max. current number of entries appears to be about 33....so it would seem that they have a
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    WOW! Seems to be a significant differential here!! $250K v. 99,500 = $150,500 discrepancy. Interesting!!
  • Likes

Susan S Vicki A Lynn C Myrna C