Write An Essay. Win A House!

04.22.12
Have you heard about this? An Iowa family, effected by the economic downturn, could not sell their home. So what did they decide to do? Hold an essay contest & give it away!! The one catch? You must buy a $100 "ticket" to enter your essay in the contest.

The home is an early 20th century in the historic district of Cedar Rapids. It certainly has vintage charm! What do you think? Will you enter?

Get full details here: http://iowahomeessaycontest.eventbrite.com/

• Debbie W
    Debbie W Portage, MI
    You could lose more that $100 in a single trip to a casino for an evening. Your odds are likely better for the house.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    It's a beautiful home. Cedar Rapids is a lot closer to my family than Seattle, but my work doesn't transfer there. Good luck to all who enter.
  • Pam
    Pam Alexandria, LA
    Yhey were interviewed this morning on FOX. The home is also for sale for something like $250,000.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I checked out the video posted above...they have the house on the market for $99500. They are requiring 1000 entries for the 'house" to be won..with a 2000 entry max. current number of entries appears to be about 33....so it would seem that they have a
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    WOW! Seems to be a significant differential here!! $250K v. 99,500 = $150,500 discrepancy. Interesting!!
AK Complete Home Renovations

Search Feedback