Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Lampshade Turned Mad,..hatter That Is

Backyard Escapes 11.28.14
Wanted to have a subtle "Alice in Wonderland" theme and was able to come up with this idea after finding an old lampshade in my garage. It was just waiting for me to find it again. I then went on a search for an antique lamp base. Some yarn and another piece of a broken lampshade and voila'. Mad Hatter floor lamp
6 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Kimberly Barney
    That would make a wonderful decoration at a little girl's birthday party.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Phash
    Phash Dorado, PR
    Hey could you tell us how you made it? It's so pretty and subtle and it's exactly what I want for my Woderland room :)
  • Bambi
    Bambi Shelton, WA
    I sure can :) it's an inverted lamp shade with a left over hoop from another destroyed lampshade. I took some floral wire and wired the hoop to the small part of the other lampshade. Then I found the color yarn I wanted and just wrapped it. The ribbon
  • Phash
    Phash Dorado, PR
    Okay, I'm sorry but what is floral wire? Where can I get it? And thank you so much- your explanation really helped me see how it was because now I realize I hadn't even thought about inverting it :P
  • Bambi
    Bambi Shelton, WA
    it's thin bendable wire you can find anywhere, think I got mine at Walmart. Any bendable wire would do. It's just to attach the bottom hoop, so it's need to be stiff enough to stay put. The more you get in there and play around with it, the more it'll
  • Phash
    Phash Dorado, PR
    Okay, thanks!
Bambi

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing