Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Lampshade Turned Mad,..hatter That Is

furniture 01.18.15
Wanted to have a subtle "Alice in Wonderland" theme and was able to come up with this idea after finding an old lampshade in my garage. It was just waiting for me to find it again. I then went on a search for an antique lamp base. Some yarn and another piece of a broken lampshade and voila'. Mad Hatter floor lamp
12 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 10 of 12 comments
  • Kimberly Barney
    That would make a wonderful decoration at a little girl's birthday party.
  • Phash
    Phash Dorado, PR
    Hey could you tell us how you made it? It's so pretty and subtle and it's exactly what I want for my Woderland room :)
  • Bambi
    Bambi Shelton, WA
    I sure can :) it's an inverted lamp shade with a left over hoop from another destroyed lampshade. I took some floral wire and wired the hoop to the small part of the other lampshade. Then I found the color yarn I wanted and just wrapped it. The ribbon
  • Phash
    Phash Dorado, PR
    Okay, I'm sorry but what is floral wire? Where can I get it? And thank you so much- your explanation really helped me see how it was because now I realize I hadn't even thought about inverting it :P
  • Bambi
    Bambi Shelton, WA
    it's thin bendable wire you can find anywhere, think I got mine at Walmart. Any bendable wire would do. It's just to attach the bottom hoop, so it's need to be stiff enough to stay put. The more you get in there and play around with it, the more it'll
    • Tracy Jo
      Tracy Jo Canada
      Bambi Can you tell me how you bent the brim? I don't want to wreck the one I have so I thought I'd ask before I get going too far.
    • Bambi
      Bambi Shelton, WA
      Tracy Jo it happened when I was wrapping the yarn on it. Not even sure how I did it. The base wire was pretty stiff but the wrap around wire wasn't adn they pull on each other and created the bend. It really wasn't intentional :) lol just a happy mistake.
    • Tracy Jo
      Tracy Jo Canada
      Bambi That is funny, what a happy mistake. It adds so much to the overall look. Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the post I will let you know how it turns out.
  • Phash
    Phash Dorado, PR
    Okay, thanks!
  • Charlotte conley
    Charlotte conley Monticello, KY
    Beautiful.....think I'll do one and add ribbon,silk flowers and other rare and pretty things to to mine. Thanks for a wonderful idea.
  • Bambi
    Bambi Shelton, WA
    thanks Charlotte, hope your comes out fabulous :D
  • Tracy Jo
    Tracy Jo Canada
    Trying this on the weekend, such a clever idea. Thanks
Bambi

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing