Lampshade Turned Mad,..hatter That Is

07.22.15
Wanted to have a subtle "Alice in Wonderland" theme and was able to come up with this idea after finding an old lampshade in my garage. It was just waiting for me to find it again. I then went on a search for an antique lamp base. Some yarn and another piece of a broken lampshade and voila'. Mad Hatter floor lamp
  • Tracy Jo
    Tracy Jo Canada
    There might be directions on my post, I used Bambi's idea (thanks again Bambi) :-) Let me see if I can add the link.
  • Tracy Jo
    Tracy Jo Canada
    I don't know if it's exactly the way you did it Bambi, but close I think... Might be helpful to her. http://www.hometalk.com/6914205/mad-hatter-re...
    • Bambi
      Bambi Shelton, WA
      Tracy Jo thanks so much for the link, I don't always put a lot of thought into what I'm doing, when I'm doing something for the first time. I just wing it so it is so hard to tell people what I did. Thank you once again for helping them :D
  • Tracy Jo
    Tracy Jo Canada
    She can get the jest of the assembly anyway. Hope you're having a good summer Bambi.
    • Bambi
      Bambi Shelton, WA
      Tracy Jo it has it's ups and downs just like the temps here. lol Did everyone love the hats you made them? Oh I just know they did, it's so fun to see other peoples
  • Tracy Jo
    Tracy Jo Canada
    One tip on that, use the cheap hangers, the ones that bend easy. They're way easier to work with :-)
  • Kelley Tobin
    Does anyone have a photo of attaching the hoop to the lampshade?
Bambi

Search Feedback