How to paint outdated linoleum floor

12.27.15
Last week I showed my oak cabinets that I painted white. Several people remarked about not painting wood. I hope no one has objections to me painting linoleum. :)

See the full tutorial @ My Repurposed Life http://bit.ly/IeyAKO

on This Post

• Gail--My Repurposed Life
    Thanks so much Lee Anne! How very kind of you to check out My Repurposed Life!
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    Wow, what a face lift. I saw your blog & it is wonderful! You really put a ton of work into the project.
  • Gail--My Repurposed Life
    Good Luck Jan! I hope everything goes smoothly in the transition! ;)
  • Jan L
    Jan L Monroe, WI
    I'm saving these instructions. I'm looking for a vacation home in Arkansas and all the kitchens are dark and dated. I will paint the cabinets white like you did and do the floors like this. My current kitchen is this shade of blue and I would like to
  • BONNIE J
    DON'T CHANGE THE BLUE--LOOKS WONDERFUL--I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED BLUE & WHITE TOGETHER!!!
  • Yvonne
    Yvonne Louisa, VA
    I tried painting my linoleum too! It works and lasted for 7 years until I was able to replace the linoleum. I added white diamond shapes to give it more pizazz!
  • Debi M
    Debi M Washington, NC
    Very shabby chic look, absolutely love it. Don't worry about people complaining. As long as they are complaining about you, someone else is getting some rest, lol. Just remember, as long as you are happy with your projects, there are no worries. I've
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    I just looked at some linoleum today that a homeowner wants to paint.

Another coincidence!?!

• Mary Alice M
    Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    I like this!!! Very nice and it looks real!!!
  • Sandra J
    Sandra J Kennesaw, GA
    I painted my bathroom floor many years ago and it still looks great! I did a marblelized looking pattern.
  • Donna C
    Donna C Manchester, NH
    I love the way the floor looks.....wondering how I could do my kitchen floor.....or if my landlord would let me. Actually think he would if it came out this good.
  • Vicki R
    Vicki R Buffalo, NY
    I love the blue squares. I had already planned to paint my green painted cabinets white to go with my yellow & white kitchen with blue accents. I want to add butcher block counter top. I think the blue squares on my very old linoleum would look
  • Cathy B
    Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
    Oh, and appliance paint works awesome too ;)
  • Cathy B
    Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
    Very creative and talented. Painting wood is sometimes necessary. I think this is a perfect example.
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    Nice job...I'm honestly amazed that it is holding up. Never heard of mythic paint? I would think the pet claws would be tearing it up...keep us posted on how it continues to hold up....
Gail--My Repurposed Life