How to paint outdated linoleum floor

Paint a floor 13 hours ago
Last week I showed my oak cabinets that I painted white. Several people remarked about not painting wood. I hope no one has objections to me painting linoleum. :)

See the full tutorial @ My Repurposed Life http://bit.ly/IeyAKO

on This Post

• Pam Perkins Zirbel
    Pam Perkins Zirbel Newfane, NY
    Hmm....I would LOVE to do a dark charcoal or black and a vintagey cream. Or after painting it all, rolling on a stain [not sure if that would work to make it look old or if the stain would actually dry. I am sure a clear coat like a coat of garage glaze
  • Gail--My Repurposed Life
    I have the blues about the blues--they are on their way out. :) I had done the blue to tie in the blue counter tops. But, now they are gone, so the blue squares need to go! I'll post an update when I'm done. :)
  • Pam Perkins Zirbel
    Pam Perkins Zirbel Newfane, NY
    I think that is briliant!! I cannot get the hubby to 'let' me do this! We actually freakin have like an outdoor carpet in the kitchen! HATE IT!! I moved into HIS house and he put that in there. We have 2 dogs and 5 cats and if I dont vacuum every freakin
  • Darling R Lopez
    Darling R Lopez San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for your post, I desperately needed this idea... yay!
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I love painted wood and I love your floors! smart Woman!
  • I Play Outside The Box
    Look who I found.....my favorite repurpose gal!!! Ü
  • Lori T
    Lori T Davenport, IA
    Nom problem but whats with the blower?
  • Gail--My Repurposed Life
    Thank you all very much! :)
  • Paula Weidner
    Paula Weidner Clemmons, NC
    i think this is very creative, and smart! i love how it turned out!
  • Mary L
    Mary L Mayville, MI
    So smart to use the leaf blower. It doesn't matter how long it lasts! It's all about changing it out for little money. Good job! BTW: I painted out my ugly formica counter tops and moved before it wore out.
  • Linda Schroeder
    Linda Schroeder Camden Wyoming, DE
    What a cool idea!! I love it!
  • Peggy Vance
    Peggy Vance Highland Springs, VA
    The floors look great....so does your kitchen makeover!!!!
  • Denise M
    Denise M Waynesville, MO
    Gail, a year and a half sounds good to me, especially in a kitchen! lol
  • Gail--My Repurposed Life
    Denise--I hated my floor, I honestly didn't care if I got only 6 months out of it. :) It's been a year and a half, and it's holding up great. Whether it will hold up 5 years I dunno. Heck I may repaint it before then. :)
  • Denise M
    Denise M Waynesville, MO
    I think you did a good job on your cabinets. Love your floor. I would love to talk to someone that has paninted their floors 5 years later to see how it held up. I love wood too, but your cabinets are pretty, and i think those particular cabinets i
Gail--My Repurposed Life