Growing your own celery

07.17.12
This is a little project I am trying out. Growing my own celery from store bought remains. Seems to be working so far!

http://kailochic.blogspot.com/2012/03/garden...

• Maria N
    Maria N Port Orange, FL
    you can crow your own spring small onions also. Just cut the top and put the white part in water. put rubber ban around it before put it in water to hold together.
  • Jennie O
    that's awesome! I'm definitely going to try it.
  • Lin T
    Lin T Bradford, PA
    Well, that is interesting.
  • Susan W
    Susan W Knoxville, TN
    mine's doing great as well as my romaine lettuce!
  • Christine G
    Christine G League City, TX
    I will try that also. I plant the tops of pineapples and they make lovely plants in my garden.
  • LouAnne S
    LouAnne S Antioch, CA
    I believe I have a "celery root" I had forgotten about in my crisper. Would this work with that I wonder?
  • Rose S
    Rose S Marietta, GA
    That certainly is worth trying, as expensive as most fresh veggies are now.
  • Rebecca W
    Rebecca W Seneca, MO
    I tried the celery, I started it in water then moved it to dirt. It was really a slow go and then it just rotted. It never developed a root.
  • Teresa F
    Teresa F Anderson, SC
    Wished I saw this earlier; with all the rain we are getting; its bound to do good. Still got to try this.
  • Jamie M
    Jamie M Cave City, AR
    Way to go. Thanks for sharing.
  • Eulalia
    Eulalia South Boston, VA
    Wow, what a great idea. Deffinitely going to try this.
  • Renee T
    Renee T Humboldt, TN
    me too
  • Marcy
    Marcy Southfield, MI
    very cool.
  • Kate S
    Kate S Stanardsville, VA
    Celery is not hard to grow from seed, either, but it can be hard to keep it from being bitter - needs lots of water to have a mild flavor.
  • Rainy Odessy
    green onions work in water also i always use only the tops so it is a fun thing for me to get more onion tops after my initial harvest
Kailo chic