Hometalk.com

06.21.13

Knockout Roses & Fungi

I have knockout roses & they seem to have a fungi. can anyone tell me if I can can treat them & save them or will need to distroy them?:
8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Without a photo it's very hard to know what the issue is with your roses, Mary. But if it is indeed a fungus, there are fungicides designed to treat those issues on roses.
  • Mary Braid Hagerstown, MD
    Thank you Douglas. I'll try to get a pic posted. I treated them last week with Bayer 2in1. Will treating them with a fungicide be too much at this time?
  • Lawn Pro Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes you can treat them,lowest has several products for this,also after dead heading the roses remove clippings in a bag so as not to re-contaminate affected area.
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Mary, you'll need to check the label on the Bayer. There should be an indication about how long to wait before applying anything else.
  • Bayer 2 in 1 works systemically, through the roots, and is a fertilizer with an insecticide. Bayer 3 in 1 has the fungicide too. I think you have to keep using it for it to work correctly and eradicate the fungus. To help keep new fungus from spreading
  • Mary Braid Hagerstown, MD
    Have a ??? on the amount of vinegar to use for black spot. Is the 1/4 teaspoon in a quart of water the correct measurements? It seems like so little vinegar for the amount of water?
  • Lawn Pro Virginia Beach, VA
    make shure that when you dead head or prune knockout roses that you remove these clippings or you will re-introduce the infection back in the area again
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I do not know what formula you're referring to Mary, but there are some here:http://www.organicrosecare.org/articles/recipe_mildew_control.php