Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Knockout Roses & Fungi

06.21.13
I have knockout roses & they seem to have a fungi. can anyone tell me if I can can treat them & save them or will need to distroy them?:
8 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 8 of 8 comments
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Without a photo it's very hard to know what the issue is with your roses, Mary. But if it is indeed a fungus, there are fungicides designed to treat those issues on roses.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Mary Braid
    Mary Braid Hagerstown, MD
    Thank you Douglas. I'll try to get a pic posted. I treated them last week with Bayer 2in1. Will treating them with a fungicide be too much at this time?
  • Lawn Pro
    Lawn Pro Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes you can treat them,lowest has several products for this,also after dead heading the roses remove clippings in a bag so as not to re-contaminate affected area.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Mary, you'll need to check the label on the Bayer. There should be an indication about how long to wait before applying anything else.
  • The Blooming Gardener
    Bayer 2 in 1 works systemically, through the roots, and is a fertilizer with an insecticide. Bayer 3 in 1 has the fungicide too. I think you have to keep using it for it to work correctly and eradicate the fungus. To help keep new fungus from spreading
  • Mary Braid
    Mary Braid Hagerstown, MD
    Have a ??? on the amount of vinegar to use for black spot. Is the 1/4 teaspoon in a quart of water the correct measurements? It seems like so little vinegar for the amount of water?
  • Lawn Pro
    Lawn Pro Virginia Beach, VA
    make shure that when you dead head or prune knockout roses that you remove these clippings or you will re-introduce the infection back in the area again
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I do not know what formula you're referring to Mary, but there are some here:http://www.organicrosecare.org/articles/recipe_mildew_control.php
Mary Braid