Hometalk.com

34 Comments Displaying 15 of 34 comments | See Previous
  • Vicki T Casper, WY
    Suesan are you OK with my pinning your idea on my Pinterest board? I have to share your idea with my family :)
  • This is VERY clever and very chic!
  • Suesan - Frou FruGal Mansfield, OH
    Vicki, feel free to pin, but would you mind pinning it from my blog post so the pin links back directly to the source? Thanks! http://froufrugal.blogspot.com/2011/11/mason...
  • Vicki T Casper, WY
    Thanks! I sure will. I always like to ask first.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    That's using your resources! What an awsome idea. My husband would freak though, he's not into country or industrial or modern. I love it.
  • Vernon B Nacogdoches, TX
    Venting would let the light bulb last longer thats all, no biggie. And wiring is easier than you think depending on where you would tap the source, two wires, but if you need to come off a breaker panel then it can be complicated and best left to an
  • Suesan - Frou FruGal Mansfield, OH
    Thanks for that clarification, Vernon. Since this discussion came up on venting, I had my husband touch the jars to see if they felt hot. The lights had been on for several hours and he said they felt warm but not hot.
  • Suesan - Frou FruGal Mansfield, OH
    Also, Vernon is right. If you have to run electrical from the box, you definitely need an electrician for that! My light box was already in place so it was simply a matter of wiring the light to the wires in the box.
  • Mary Alice M San Antonio, TX
    HOW CUTE IS THIS???
  • Love the rough industrial look!
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    true Mark S...Mason jars are made to withstand heat with canning etc...so I'd say heat wouldn't be an issue :)
  • Debi M Washington, NC
    Changing light bulbs once a month???? Wow. I have bulbs that haven't been changed in 8 years. One stays on 24/7 and has been on since October 2009. Then again we use the flourescent screw in bulbs. Seriously if you are changing bulbs that often, it
  • Suesan - Frou FruGal Mansfield, OH
    Debi, I wish I could have a light bulb last that long. We seem particularly cursed in our different homes that have bulbs that burn out frequently. Our last house was only 1.5 years old and the can lights in the kitchen blew those bulbs about every 6
  • Debi M Washington, NC
    Our home was built in 1918, by my grandmother's brothers. My parents had it rewired in 1970 and we upgraded the wiring in 2004 when we moved here. One day I'd love to have my kitchen rewired, lol, I can't turn on the dishwasher and micro wave at the
  • Suesan - Frou FruGal: That sounds like something wrong electrically? Do you know they make ceiling fans that automatically turn off if they sense too much electricity? We tried using LED bulbs and they turned off...